Today is my part 2 of our Texas trip re-cap.
If you missed the first part, click here.
We took a day trip to Gruene, Texas, which is the cutest little town.
We ate at the Gristmill Inn, which is such a unique place. If you are ever in this area, you must go eat here! Walking in was unique and there was so much seating, inside and out. It was the perfect time of year for outdoor seating in Texas...70 degrees!
Our food was delicious. I had grilled chicken, with homemade mashed potatoes, zucchini and squash.
Such a fun time!
And we all had dessert, which was the first I had had since finishing whole 30. I finished every bite of my lunch and dessert. Needless to say, I didn't eat anything else the rest of the day.
This is the oldest dance hall in Texas and there is so much history here. When you step inside, there are photos of so many musicians who have played here, including George Strait, who got his start here.
Random note, there was also an episode of The Bachelorette filmed here a few years ago with Kaitlyn and Ben.
Inside the dance hall...
We also made a stop to Buc-ees...a phenomenon in convenience stores in Texas. It is also unlike anything we had ever seen.
Look at all the gas pumps! It was a huge place.
Texas is known for its Blue Bell Ice Cream, and it was represented here.
I came out with a reusable mug and a magnet to remember our trip to San Antonio.
It was a great weekend and the final and part 3 continues in Houston.
Have a great day!
That dessert looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWe ate Easter lunch at the Gristmill last year...so delicious. I'm glad you got to experience our Texas-sized gas station. It's always fun to browse around inside a Buccee's! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road
ReplyDelete