Good Monday to you. I wanted to document this Mother's Day since it did have a little different feel to it.
I had a lazy day, with some good food, no cooking or cleaning, and time with family, so it was a good one.
My husband made me brunch and my daughters cleaned up the kitchen. It was fun to hear them get into a groove of cleaning with their random playlist going in the background.
I watched a Hallmark movie from the mystery channel, which was one of a series I had not seen. These totally have a different feel to them, but it was still good.
I had made myself dessert on Saturday to enjoy, and I was so glad I made that in advance. I made Strawberry Pretzel Salad, which has several steps and takes some time, but it is one of my favorites.
I texted with some friends and family, then the girls and I drove to see my parents, about 30 minutes away. We gave my mom her present, which Brook painted.
I received Knockout Rose bushes for myself and my husband planted them for me. I am excited to have flowers in my yard!
We got take out for dinner and watched Jerry Seinfeld's new comedy on Netflix. He is one of my favorites and so funny. The content is fine, but there is some cussing, so I would rate it PG-13. I laughed a lot through this and would recommend it.
Afterwards, I took a walk with my oldest and that was about it for the day.
Once again, it was a beautiful day, for which we were so grateful.
Happy Monday and week to you!


That sounds like a perfect Mother's Day. You're the second blogger who has mentioned the Seinfeld show. I need to check it out! Your daughter's painting is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat does sound like a wonderful Mother's day! My family pampered me with all sorts of yummy foods too.
ReplyDelete