Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Savannah, Georgia




Have any of you ever been to Savannah?  It is such a beautiful city!  Prior to last week, I had stayed there and had dinner for one night in 1999 while on a road trip, but honestly, don't have much memory of the city.  On our way back from Sea Island, Georgia last week, we stopped in Savannah for about 4 hours to see the city.  The main reason was because our youngest wanted to see SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design).  She is interested in attending this school, so we will see what the future holds.  In the meantime, we enjoyed walking around the city and ate lunch there.  

My artist in a local art store
River Market shopping area
She loved Savannah!
Below is the area where freshman live at SCAD.  It was so nice!  We couldn't get out due to COVID restrictions, but we were thankful to be able to make a loop through the residential area.


After Savannah, we went to Chattanooga and dropped off Isabella at school for her 2nd year of college.  She is renting a house with some other girls this year & was so happy to be back, even though most of her classes are online.  I know she will do great, but I did cry more this year than I did last year.
Oh my goodness, I am not sure how I am going to take this in 2 years when I send my other one off to college. I am so thankful to be these girls momma.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Favorites ~ October 23, 2026

 Good Friday morning!  I think I am glad it is the weekend.  At least a little less work this weekend to do, right? Monday after a few hours...