Friday, June 18, 2021

Friday Favorites ~ Beach Vacation, Part 1

 

Happy Friday friends!  June has come in with a lot going on, so I haven't blogged in the last 2 weeks.  Part of that time, we went on a quick family vacation to the beach.  We have definitely traveled a lot over the past years, but it had been 13 years since the 4 of us went on a beach trip to Florida. So for this week, this was a favorite! Lots of pictures below!

I am so excited we have a Buc-ees a few hours away and I was able to introduce my daughters to it for the first time.

We now own 3 Buc-ees cups! We bought souvenirs, dinner and snacks for the week. 
I love getting Texas brisket and we tried the fudge for the first time.
We stayed in a hotel and for this one night of the trip, we did some exercise after our Buc-ees excursion!
The next day, we drove into Seaside, Florida.  We ate at the food trucks, met up with one of my daughter's friends who was there with her family, then we had dinner at The Hub.

Afterwards, I picked up a few groceries and then we drove to our condo, which was on Okaloosa Island in Ft. Walton Beach. 

The next morning, we left the condo at 5:30am for a fishing trip.  My husband wanted to do some fishing, so we made it a family event and called it his Father's Day :).  We all loved the boat ride and the views.  



Here is a view from our room.  We had an easy walk down to the beach.  The girls and I went for a little while that afternoon.
A few hours later, a rain storm came for about an hour.  Thankfully, that was the only rain we saw on the trip and we were back in the room at this time.
We cleaned up and went for dinner.  These were delicious crab meat deviled eggs!
We finished off dinner with a delicious piece of Key Lime Pie.
Isabella and I took a sunset walk on the beach to end the day.

I'll be back Monday with part 2.  Have a great weekend and thanks for reading!
















4 comments:

  1. I had never had anything from Buc-cees until a sweet blog friend brought us some while we were staying in Texas waiting on approval to travel with Harrison. We love being close to the gulf-I think they have the best beaches! Love the view from your condo!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buccee's is always such a fun stop and the food is so good! The beach looks so fun. What an awesome condo location. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous beach trip; you all are so sweet to go fishing with your husband. When we vacation in the south my husband and oldest son tend to go charter fishing while the younger boys and I stay at the rental! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful destination and that fudge has my mouth watering here at 7am! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete

Friday Favorites ~ October 23, 2026

 Good Friday morning!  I think I am glad it is the weekend.  At least a little less work this weekend to do, right? Monday after a few hours...