Monday, July 19, 2021

July 19, 2021 ~ Weekend Away

 Happy Monday!  Our daughters are visiting grandparents, so we had the opportunity to have a weekend away. It was much needed and we stayed at a cabin with no wi-fi.  We barely had a phone signal and just had a little bit of connectivity as we would drive to restaurants.

We took several easy hikes.


We stayed in this log cabin originally built in Virginia at the end of War World II and then it was re-built on this property in Tennessee.

We found this restaurant tucked away across a creek Friday night.  We won the 80's trivia contest!

Saturday morning, we went to this throwback store from the past and had breakfast here.  
Among the random things they were selling, there was a bible that was free, which was awesome to see.

We explored a little bit of this Recreation Area, a place my husband has always wanted to visit.

We went to a wine tasting at the oldest winery in Tennessee.

Then we ate a late lunch/early dinner at a diner in the back of this store, which was also a blast from the past.  I love going in old general stores!
I also indulged in this dessert.  

Back at the cabin, I did some reading on the front porch and we enjoyed the scenery.

So thankful for time away, now back to the week at home, which I am also thankful to have!

Linking up with Tanya today.


3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend, but that cabin is so pretty! That is a REALLY GOOD book you're reading there, friend. So happy you've been able to do more of that this year. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend. That cabin is so cozy! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a nice, relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Friday Favorites ~ October 23, 2026

 Good Friday morning!  I think I am glad it is the weekend.  At least a little less work this weekend to do, right? Monday after a few hours...