Tuesday Talk this week is about our new 15 year old. My youngest daughter turned 15 on Friday.
It was fun because she was out of school on fall break. I worked that morning and celebrated with her in the afternoon. Here are some photos from our day....with a little flashback.
This is 11 years ago...at her 4th birthday and one of my favorite pictures of us.
My girl loves her some brownies, and back on that 4th birthday, we had what we call "circle brownies". Basically, I baked brownies in a muffin tin and its been a thing ever since. And she loves these classic One Direction plates that has her now favorite singer, Harry Styles on it. We had these the Monday before when her big sister was home from college.
A tradition I often do is hang streamers from my girls bedroom door on their birthdays.
Another tradition, one started by my mom when I was younger, is breakfast in bed on your birthday. I am thankful I am able to work from home so I could deliver this then go back downstairs to work.
I gave her a letter using song titles from One Direction and Harry Styles. She really liked it and it was fun to use creativity in a way she would like.
After I finished a morning of work and she enjoyed her morning of relaxing, we started our afternoon with lunch at Chick-Fil-A.
We went to Madewell and went straight for the clearance rack. The sign said "Sale...It's Your Lucky Day!"
Then we headed to Sephora and then Kendra Scott for birthday goodies.
After an afternoon of shopping, we came home, picked up a friend and went out for dinner.
We ate at The Cheesecake Factory and it was delicious. As usual when I have eaten there, everything looks amazing on the menu.
We came home and had pound cake. This is Brook's request every year and we have a dear friend who makes this for her every year.
Happy Birthday my Brook! She is a such a joy and brings so much laughter and keeps me balanced. I have loved watching her grow up.

No comments:
Post a Comment