Monday, January 6, 2020

Christmas 2019 ~ Part 1/Christmas Eve

Happy New Year!


Today, I am going to do part 1 of our Christmas activities.  We did most of our family Christmas activities the week of the holiday, so here are some highlights with lots of photos!

Sunday before Christmas, we went out to eat as a family after church then headed downtown to see the Christmas decorations at the Peabody, which are always beautiful.

 

This is a stocking I made as a child for my grandfather, Pop.  It is showing some age for sure, but I still like to display it every year.  He was one of the best men I have ever known.  Still love him and miss him so after 30 years of him being with Jesus. 
The Sunday before Christmas, I also finally started wrapping presents...and had a helper, ha!  Actually, not her own, but Brook did help me wrap too.

 I took Monday before Christmas off work and was so glad to have my first day off in December!  I was able to get some baking done, beginning with Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls.
 
That evening, we went to out to eat and looked at Christmas lights.

Christmas Eve came and I actually worked until noon.  However, it was so slow, so it wasn't too bad. We went to my parents that afternoon for lunch and presents.
My Brook
My sweet great, Crawford, who I had the pleasure of sitting by for lunch.  We read books and acted silly.
 My sweet great, Campbell, loved unwrapping presents and helped us all unwrap our gifts.

 
 Avery played red light/green light with some of the little and big kids :)
My Isabella and niece, Anna.  Love these girls! 
Me and Campbell
 My family
 My extended family on my side, minus my brother and his family, who couldn't be with us this year.  We really missed having them.
We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church afterwards, then of course, was hungry again.  With not many options, we stopped by the grocery store for our favorite local chips, guac, cheese dip and fried chicken.  We at this while watching Charlie Brown Christmas, Office Christmas episodes, and Elf.  It was a good day.
Tomorrow, Christmas morning pictures...








1 comment:

  1. What a great Christmas Eve celebration. Your family is beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...