Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Texas - part 2

 Good morning.  Earlier, I recapped my afternoon in McKinney, Texas.  It was so good to see this cute little, but big town.  Thankfully, we made it driving through some rough weather to our Air BNB in Greenville, Texas.  There were tornadoes in East Texas Friday night, but we were safe.  

When we woke up Saturday morning, the weather was beautiful.  We went to the local hamburger place and it was fun to hear all the locals.


InTexas fashion, there was a fiddle festival on Saturday!  We listened to the local music and it was quite entertaining, especially watching the locals come out and dance.  Notice in front of the stage in both pictures below, there are couples dancing.  

We drove into the Deep Ellum area of Dallas and my goodness, I think I had the best briskey of my life. It was so tender.  I also had some turkey that was so well seasoned and perfect fried okra.
We also stopped by Emporium Pies.  They have a location in McKinney (& a few others too), but we had already eaten so much there, we tried this location.  It was delcious.
We had a great weekend visiting with our friend and eating good food.  
Sunday, we ate Mexican food then we went back our seperate ways.  

It was a lovely weekend and will be time for another weekend before we know it.







3 comments:

  1. Yum, that dinner plate looks good. I have never been to Texas (except at one of the airports for a layover). I would love to go someday! I'm glad that you guys got away for a fun weekend. Enjoyed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good eating!! Surely that is what travels are made for!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like another fun and delicious day!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...