Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Working for the Weekend

I think Working for the Weekend was a title of some great 80's song, but today, it is the title of my blog post.  Our weeks have been so busy, I feel like the weekends are what I am looking forward to just so I can go grocery shopping, catch up on laundry, & other errands.  It feels like the days when I had a full-time job outside the home!

One of the fun things that keeps us busy is running this pretty little girl to multiple Jr. High events.  One of those, was a costume dress-up dinner night out & swim party:


Look at that cute little thing in the green shirt who posed with the Jr. High girls & interns :)

This past weekend, I was able to do some yardwork that was past due.  A few years ago, the city changed our street to a dead-end & planted shrubbery.  These shrubs were suppose to be low maintenance.  Well, clearly, they were not, so we finally started the process to get rid of the overgrown landscaping.  Here is a slight representation of the work, & of course, there is still a little left to finish. :)


The 2 pictures above are overgrown shrubs & grass

First layer of shrubs gone


Avery resting after coming home from a Saturday of work & then helping me work in the yard..He works hard on his Saturdays!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...