Monday, February 25, 2013

Nashville Get-a-way

On a day's notice, we took a little get-a-way to Nashville.  It has been almost 6 months since I've been out of town (that's a long time for me!), so I welcomed the one night away with lots of fun.  We visited the Adventure Science Center, which is a great museum in Nashville.  The fact that we were able to get in free also made it that much more enjoyable :). The museum had so many fun, educational science opportunities ranging from weather, medicine, and space.

Nashville is home of country music, so the girls posed in these guitars!

Dr. Brook

Lots of fun slides inside this heart

Gross Anatomy...We took this in honor of Grandad (my dad) who is a professor of Gross Anatomy

They just had climbed down the spinal cord

They also climbed a tower to the top observation level.  They were both trying to be tall in this picture, so Brook is trying to pull Isabella down, ha!

A little too much fun was had in the wheelchairs!

Weather girls bringing the forecast 

Welcome to space!

I spy the International Space Station.

Moonwalk area

Me doing a "moonwalk"

Isabella & Avery moonwalking  

Brook moonwalking

Avery & Brook

Isabella

Brook at the end of the afternoon with her glow in the dark mud from Mars!

After a fun afternoon at the museum, we spent time with a friend of Avery's from high school.  They are a sweet family & we enjoyed being with them for dinner, then swimming at our hotel. I am thankful for a safe, quick (we were there less than 24 hours), fun get-a-way.  Hope you all enjoyed your weekend too!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...