Monday, July 15, 2013

Back to School, already??

As the saying goes, we strive to be lifetime learners. As we prepare for a busy fall & even busier spring, it was time for school work to begin.  We have officially begun our 2013-2014 homeschool year! Isabella is in 7th grade & Brook is in 4th grade. Before you think I'm crazy for starting school in July, our goal is to get in one week of school before the end of the month.  Therefore, we will only be doing school maybe 2 days each week. This will help us be ahead come this fall before we get behind! So far, the school year is off to a good start!  When daily school in August arrives, we will be adding a few more things to the school schedule.  This year, we have no outside commitments, which feels great.  I am giving the girls much more independence with their school assignments this year to train them to do a lot on their own in preparation for homeschooling in Colombia & for even college.

The girls working on their art drawing....they are using their teeth, drawing like Joni Eareckson Tada.  The title of this lesson was appropriately called "Frustration".

Isabella's science experiment on the density of atoms.  
We have 3 layers: corn syrup, water, & oil.
A rock sank to the bottom of the glass.  A grape floated on top of the corn syrup.  A piece of ice floated on top of the water.  A piece of cork floated on top of the oil.  

Here I was on planning/organizing day.  The girls are continuing using My Father's World curriculum studying Creation to the Greeks this year.  It is a great curriculum, layed out well & bible based.  We add our own math, grammar, writing, and spelling.  I am thankful for this company & for a friend who blessed me by sharing her old curriculum with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...