Friday, September 20, 2013

Birthdays deserve a post

It has been a few weeks since I've written anything. It is hard to find time.  And a little motivation too. But I did change the look of the blog, so maybe that will help. September brings a few birthdays in our family, so I'll honor those in this blog.

First, my brother-in-law Scott turned 40!  And because I don't have pictures from last year on my computer, I don't have any pictures of him to post.

Next, my niece Eden celebrated a birthday.  She is 6 weeks older than Brook, & these 2 girls can never get enough of one another!



This week, we celebrated both Avery & Nicole's birthday.  They share the same day.


We visited Nicole at her school where she teaches on Thursday to wish her a happy birthday.  We also were able to talk to her students about Colombia and read a book in both English & Spanish.  Don't get impressed that I know any Spanish.  It was Dora & I struggled through it.  So grateful for my first niece & for her making me an aunt!

I cooked birthday dinner for Avery with the menu of his choosing.  Here is his request:

Focaccia Bread, better known as "Mrs. Green's bread" around our house

Pork tenderloin

Asparagus

Sweet potatoes

Isabella decorated


Coffee Caramel Cheesecake

This is my homemade version of the cheesecake I have blogged about before that we like so much.

Next week I'll be back on track with pictures & get caught up in chronological order!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...