Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Day 2013

We had Christmas morning in a different house this year, but it still felt like home & we had a good morning. The girls woke up to their presents & stockings.


To Brook
(Yes, that is One Direction wrapping paper :))

To Isabella


This is a Bellhaven University t-shirt (which is where she wants to go to college & where we visited last month)



After our morning at home, we went to my parents for brunch.  My sister, nephew, & niece came, along with two of my first cousins & their families.  It was a good morning & the food was delicious once again! On our way home, I always like to look at the empty Wal-Mart parking lot.  The world still stops for a few hours on this special day.

You only see this once a year!

Our family then did our yearly tradition of watching my favorite Christmas movie, The Nativity Story.  I have mentioned before how much I like this movie.  I had operation burn out the Christmas candles going before we leave town while we watched the movie!  It was nice to stop all the to-do things & just watch the movie & reflect on the birth of Christ.
  
This is a snapshot of my favorite scene in the movie.  This is where the shepherd comes to see baby Jesus.  Mary tells the shepherd "He is for all mankind", & the shepherd reaches out to touch God in the flesh.  No better way to end Christmas Day.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...