Thursday, September 25, 2014

Fun & Rest

We enjoyed hosting some singles at our home Tuesday night.  This was something we did often in Memphis, so it felt good to have a similar experience here.  Although here, we broke into some salsa dance lessons!  We also did Just Dance, which has been a real hit around here.

Brook & Francesca, who is from Chile living in Bogota for 6 months

Christian & Avery
Christian is from Cali, Colombia & just came to Bogota last week.  Cali is known for its salsa dancing.

Isabella & Maria Fernanda, who is from Villavicencio, Colombia
We met Maria Fernanda our 3rd week here in Bogota & have gradually gotten to know her better.

Christian, Maria Fernanda, & Francesca with the girls
These are the 3 people Isabella & I went to English club with Monday night.

and the adults

It was a fun night, but during the night, I began to get sick from something I ate (or that is my guess). This could be the first time I got sick from something I prepared :(.  I took Wednesday as a day of rest. Avery & the girls took good care of me.  Avery took Brook to school, cancelled my Spanish class, & he had class in the afternoon.  I did not even go downstairs to the kitchen/living room until 4pm!  

While Avery was at the church leadership meeting last night, the girls & I watched Les Mis.  Brook had not seen the movie before (only the play in London).  We did speed up a few scenes, including when Russell Crowe was solo singing! 

"To love someone is to see the face of God"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...