Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up, Week 7

It's Monday morning & so foggy here, I literally cannot see anything from our windows this morning. But I am guessing some of you may be looking at ice or snow this morning :).  The temperature here will be the same....high 60's or low 70's.  We actually didn't have rain this weekend, which was good since we were outside Saturday.  Really, this should be called Saturday Wrap Up!


We finally visited Salitre Magico...an amusement/fair type park in Bogota.I compare it to a fair because you have to buy a wristbands, & even that doesn't include all attractions, so you do have to buy individual tickets for rides too.  

Avery & Edwin on the bumper cars

Isabella & Brook 

Brook look very determined

Brook loved the swings

This was the funniest moment of the day for me...watching Isabella & Brook ride this.  I have never seen this ride go so fast before & it was their first time to ride this type of ride.  

Brook & I rode this, then rode it again with Avery, Isabella, & Edwin

Edwin, Brook, & Isabella



Avery, Isabella, & Edwin rode this drop ride.  I watched Brook on the swings while they did this.


There is a huge ferris wheel we rode.

Great views of the mountains






We had a good view of the rides too

Some girls heard us speaking English & asked to do an interview for her school, although the questions were in Spanish.

Pirate Boat ride
  
Avery, Isabella, & Edwin were on this ride.  Brook & I watched :)
 



Only Edwin rode this & we watched.  It looked like a spacecraft to me.

When we exited the park, it was overwhelming, all these food vendors basically screaming at us to come buy their food.  Transportation is always a challenge here, & it was another challenging, long,exhausting ride home.   Edwin spent the night with us.  We introduced him to cheddar cheese for the first time & I told him what a casserole is.  I made Poppy Seed chicken Sunday & he ate biscuits Sunday morning.  It was a good USA/Southern experience.

Valentine Day cards from my parents
 

Valentine biscuits (that I actually didn't make until Sunday morning since I was gone to my book study Saturday morning)

This is a picture of restroom door from a restaurant.  This is when I'm thankful I have a basic knowledge of Spanish so I could properly choose which door to enter!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...