Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up, Week 8

It was a super low-key weekend, but we sure started our weekend off right.  We took a trip to Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.  Last week, we introduced Edwin to cheddar cheese.  This week, we introduced Clara to Krispy Kreme.


No doubt, the Americans can out eat the Colombians!

The process of watching the doughnuts must be photographed!

The icing

The look of watching the doughnuts about to be glazed

There they come.  They were delicious.

Our Saturday was pretty lazy at home.  Isabella did go babysit Saturday evening while Avery, Brook, & I grabbed a hamburger at the mall for dinner.  

We found out Saturday night that we have a new place to meet for church.  I will post more about that on our Bogota blog this week.  The last Sunday of each month there is cake to celebrate any birthdays from the month.  Isabella and one other person had February birthdays, so this is a picture from the prayer for Isabella.  I'm sure it was all very nice....the prayer of course was in Spanish.


Sunday night was disappointing as Brook (& me too) were looking forward to watching the Oscars, but our internet & computer were not cooperating & we can't watch live from the website because we are in another country.  That is sometimes, no all the time, frustrating when our computer is prohibited from things because we are outside the USA.  We will get the re-caps online this week. 

That is all of our weekend......pretty boring.  But our Monday should be exciting....we are scheduled to be without power from 9:30-4:30.  That means the obvious....no electricity, lights, internet, etc. The bigger meaning of that to those of us who live on the 16th floor is that our elevators will not work today.  The plan is to have our Spanish class at the mall so Clara doesn't have to walk up 16 floors.  I plan on walking down the stairs once & waiting to return home until after 4:30 so I can ride an elevator.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...