Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Events

Oh my, I am so glad today is Tuesday.  Why?  Because it is a holiday in Colombia and the girls are out of school!  I will blog more about this tomorrow.

Last Wednesday, it was fun (but busy!!) to have two Christmas events on one day.  First, I attended a Christmas luncheon & bazaar hosted by the American Womens Club at the American Ambassador's house.  My favorite part was just going to the house & it was fun to attend with friends.



This is a view from our table in a tent outside looking back into the house.

I mean, how exciting to see the seal of the USA in our basket of chips!!

Just me, hanging out at the Ambasador's home in Bogota, Colombia.


I spotted an American flag !!  (which we normally don't see around here)




This is a cute little chapel that is right outside the residence.

The second event we attended was a Steve Green concert.  This was a fundraiser through the girls school, and Brook's class sang on stage with him for a few songs.  He is so talented & is great with kids. Other than the kids parts, the show was in Spanish.  

Brook & her friend Abby 

Steve Green on stage with Brook's class.  (Brook is next to the girl in the green scarf and red sweater).


Thursday night, we had a Christmas party with our tutoring group.  We only had 2 kids because Colombian schools are already on holiday here, however there were lots of adults.

I took a picture of the food tables so you can see one obvious culutral difference when serving food in Colombia.  Colombians always pre-serve and will serve food to you.

Americans, we just like it buffet style.  

The lighting is bad here, but we sang Silent Night in Spanish & in English.

This cute little girl has been so sweet & fun to work with, & always helps us with our Spanish while we help her with her English.  She was soo excited I had brought her gummy snacks from Disney (& in the shape of Mickey too!).






No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...