Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday ~ A Day in the Life Edition

Good morning.  I am a day late, but here is my Show and Tell Tuesday.....Wednesday edition!!


Today I am sharing "A Day in the Life".  This looks different every day fo rme, but a few things are the same.

I wake up between 5-5:30 every morning.  I was in the kitchen at 5:41am preparing breakfast for the girls.

I cut up a fresh cantelope....

and warmed up arepas in the skillet. Some mornings the girls eat cereal, but I do try to cook something, even if it is as simple as this, at least 3 mornings per week.

I have been starting out each day by drinking my bottle of water before I eat anything to help me feel full before eating breakfast.  I think it is helping becaue I am not snacking between breakfast and lunch anymore! 

While the girls were getting ready for school, I folded clothes that I threw on the couch from the night before.  With our new eating habits and waking up so early, I am so, so tired during the day and the night too.  I have found I am much more productive first thing in the morning for housework!

I continued to fill up the kitchen sink with dishes (Avery had washed these for me by the time I got home in the afternoon). 


I stand on the balcony every morning and afternoon and watch the girls get on and off the school van.  99% of the time, Brook looks up and waves to me.  That is a highlight of each day for me :).
(And sorry....not sure if both links work or not, so this video may appear twice).

I worked on my bible study.

Avery and I like to watch "The Tonight Show" most mornings.  It is a fun start to our day.

I put dinner in the crock pot because I knew I would be gone for most of the day.  Usually, the beginning of the week is busier for me.  Yesterday, I went to bible study (no photos) and then went to lunch with the ladies from our MTW team.  I began coordinating these lunches last fall and we try to meet once a month.  Again, no pictures from our lunch....I forgot :(.  

I took an Uber home and began to catch up on a few emails.  Within about 10 minutes, the girls were home from school.

Isabella was on the floor working on a poster.  Other than a 15 minute break for dinner.  She worked on homework for 3 hours after she arrived home.  Sadly, this is completely normal just to complete her assignments.  

Brook was working on her math homework.  She is usually done with her homework in about 30 minutes, so she spends free time on her ipod or reading.  She spent time yesterday talking with her cousin, which is a pretty normal occurence too!

We had dinner and the girls are in bed by 7:30.  I worked on the blog and concluded my night with an episode of "Ed".  I am working my way through season 1 and loving it just as much as I did the first time!

So there is a glance into a day here in Bogota.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...