Friday, January 7, 2022

Friday Favorites ~ January 7, 2022

 Happy Friday! Today I am sharing a few favorites from the week.  Monday was back to a normal day.  The rest of the week was a little different, but all is well.


First, my great nephew was born, spent his first week of life in the NICU, but came home yesterday!


It was a cold week here.  My dear friend from NC came in town this week to see her daughter.  She spent a night with us.  We took her to one of our favorite local restaurants then had a fire at home that evening. It was so cozy.


Throwing it back to New Years Eve, we worked this puzzle of National Parks that my sister got for us at Christmas.  It was fun to do!

We have had two days with dustings of snow.  On our "snow day" yesterday, I pulled out this puzzle to work.  It is much harder and may take a while!  It was fun that my daughter had her first snow day her senior year of high school, even though there wasn't much snow :).
On our snow day, it seemed fitting, we went to Waffle House for breakfast.  I haven't been there in years!  It was pretty good and got me out of the house.

Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Love that y'all went to Waffle House to celebrate the snow day. I need to put that national park puzzle on my wish list. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got considerably more snow than that on our first snow day (sophomore year for my son)... we had at least 5 inches on the ground before we even woke up for breakfast! Your nephew is adorable and so glad to hear he's home from the NICU.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...