Good Monday. I am hoping this morning is full of new mercies and encouragement as we face a new day.
Friday afternoon, I had an impromptu lunch date with my husband at a famous burger place in a suburb here. The onion rings were so delicious!!
Friday night, we got a phone call at 6pm inviting us to go see Ellie Holcomb in concert, which began at 7pm. Since we had no plans, 15 minutes after the phone call, we were on our way to the event. Her show was at a local church and was such a worshipful event. I recommend listening to her music and seeing her if she performs in an area near you.
Saturday, I started my day with an early run to Wal-Mart. I made breakfast....scrambled eggs, bacon and waffles and a side of fruit. I watched a Hallmark movie and in the afternoon, I took my daughter's car for an oil change. We took a family trip to the gym to get in a walk on a cold day. Afterwards, I cooked dinner and did a few loads of laundry. We watched The Jungle Cruise movie Saturday night. It was full of adventure for sure. It did have more snakes it seems than the old Indiana Jones movie, so just a warning. I did have to turn my head a few times because it was a little too much for me.
Sunday was church and then we went to lunch at McAlisters. I love when the 3 of us (or 4 when my college girl is around) go out to eat. Our conversations are always very different when we are out vs. eating at home. I was able to facetime and play a game with my oldest greats Sunday afternoon. They were so funny & I loved the virtual time with them. I'm wearing my Buc-ees sweatshirt :).
Sunday night was spent doing a little cleaning at home and getting ready for the week ahead.
I'll be back here on Wednesday!
What a fun little winter weekend- love your mix of productivity and fun- just perfect!
ReplyDeleteI agree about going out to eat. It seems like it is more "intentional" time together than dinner at home. We tend to linger at the table longer too.
ReplyDeleteSo true about going to eat- I was just thinking about that the other day when my daughter and I went out to eat. I think we are all in better moods when someone besides me has done the cooking, lol!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up! I love that you got to see Ellie Holcomb! What a treat!! Oh how I miss McAlister! I used to eat there when I lived in Charlotte, NC. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete