Monday, September 19, 2022

Weekending ~ September 19, 2022

A little late good morning post, but good Monday morning!

Before I highlight a few things of the weekend, first, today is my husband's 50th birthday!
I found this Birthday Cake candle at TJ Maxx, my go-to candle place.
A few decorations I put up in our house
We will celebrate by having dinner with friends tonight.

Friday, I drove to visit my oldest and help with a work event.  I got there early and took in the beautiful scenery.  I was thinking how much I love the cities where my girls live!  I met Isabella for lunch and then I worked the rest of the day with my boss and volunteers.  Isabella was able to meet us for dinner too.
The sky captured my attention during this part of my drive where I could see the rays coming through the clouds.
We ate at one of our favorite restaurants and this is the only place I usually splurge on the bread.  It is so good!
Dinner Friday night was Mexican food.

I had to be at my work event at 8am Saturday morning and worked there until noon.  Isabella came a little later to help, then we went to lunch and I went on my way.  I was able to take her grocery shopping Friday and get her a tank of gas, so those are important roles for me when I come in town :).

I drove to my next work event, about 2 hours away.  It was a beautiful night in a beautiful setting.  There was food and live music from some of the top song writers in country music.

It is always strange, but a little nice to stay in a hotel room by myself.  I was so tired, I wasn't there much and never even turned on the tv.  I drove home Sunday afternoon and here we are for Monday.

Wishing you a good day!













 

7 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Looks like the perfect mix of work and play :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to see your girl! I have only stayed in a hotel by myself a couple of times. It is odd!! Love your decor and Happy Birthday to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and productive weekend! I was just at TJ Maxx today and loaded up on fall themed decor for the house. I am determined to get there more than once every few years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, so nice to see your girl and to do those nice things for her. Happy bday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your hubby! That's so wonderful that you were able to see your daughter with your work trip. And there's nothing like your mom taking you grocery shopping. I took Jack to the store when I was there. Even though he has a car and can go when he wants, I think he really appreciated our trip to get groceries. Have a fun dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your hubby had a nice time celebrating with friends last night! I know you loved being with Isabella on Saturday and I love that you bought her groceries and gas. I call that adulting 101...it reminds me of when my Drew asked for things like boxers, socks and cash for Christmas last year. Bless them! I've never stayed in a hotel alone. I'm not sure if I want to! 🤣 I hate walking into hotels at night and would probably get creeped out and have to sleep with the tv on. I read too many scary books. I hope your week got started off on the right foot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely weekend! And happy belated birthday wishes to your hubby! Hope your week is going as well as your weekend did! Oh, and high fives to moms who buy some groceries and a tank of gas!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...