1. Do you host Thanksgiving or go elsewhere? This year we will go to my parents house. All my siblings and our kids will be together. We can't all be together at Christmas, so this will be a fun time.
2. What dishes do you make or contribute? I usually bring a dessert and a side dish, like a vegetable/starch...butter beans, corn, mac-n-cheese or something like that.
3. What is your favorite Thankgiving recipe? This isn't a typical recipe, but it looks like a fun appetizer to bring.
4. What are your Thanksgiving traditions? The first thing that comes to mind is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! The past 2 years, I have put out my Christmas tree and decorations the weekend after my birthday, which is 11/11, but I have waited to decorate until Thanksgiving morning when my girls are home and we do this while watching the parade. I do most of it, but I ask them to put up a few for me.
5. Stuffing or dressing? I love a good cornbread dressing!
6. Pumpkin, pecan or apple pie? I'm going to say neither....I would prefer a cheesecake or something chocolate.
7. Casual dining or set the table? I like a pretty table decoration, but also love causual dining and am totally okay with eating off paper plates, but do prefer real silverware.
8. Favorite beverage to serve with Thanksgiving dinner? Iced tea or water for our family
9. Do you shop Black Friday? I do! Well, back in the day, I use to go out early, but now I do it from a computer. I usually like to grocery shopping on this day because it is a day where the stores aren't too crowded.
10. Holiday movie or football games? Football may be on in the background during the day, but as a family, we would come home and watch a movie.

Cornbread dressing does sound amazing! Love that you decorate with the kids on Friday!
ReplyDeleteOh yes! I drink ice tea with my Thanksgiving dinner too.
ReplyDeleteI am so with you on cheesecake for dessert. I need to have more cheesecake in my life. Thanks for joining us this month!
ReplyDeletePatty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com
I love the "cheesecake" answer! That would always be my choice too! And some year I'd love to take off work and watch the parade. Or better yet, go in person!
ReplyDelete