Monday, July 17, 2023

About Last Week ~ 7/17/23

Good morning!  I am back from blogging, but yet took a week off again last week due to travels.  This was my only scheduled trip for the summer, however, I may have one random weekend trip before the end of the summer.  When I travel, I don't take my computer, so I didn't blog and fell behind on reading blogs.  It is good for me to take a break from the computer though!  

Before I get to last week and my trip recap, here is a short recap of my weekend.

It started out with a fun evening out with our favorite blogger, Jennifer!  We met for dinner and so fun to talk in person!


Saturday, I spent time going through stacks of papers and organizing.  I went to a baby shower and then to our AAA baseball team's game, where they had fireworks after the game.

My precious niece, who is a professional ballerina, got married last weekend!  My youngest and I flew last Friday and then my oldest daughter flew out on Saturday and met us there for the weekend.  Several of my extended family also traveled for the wedding.

Wedding bound!
We ate dinner Friday night at the Patrick Henry pub.
This is the famous church in Richmond where Patrick Henry gave his Give me Liberty or Give me Death speech.
Later that evening, my niece and my youngest great were all smiles.
This is another pretty church we saw while walking to lunch on Monday.
I am typically a loyal Delta flyer, but we flew American this time because we stopped in Charlotte for a few days after leaving Richmond.  They don't have screens, but they have these trays to display your tablet or phone for viewing.  I had not seen these before.
As an extra bonus, one of my best friends who I met while living in South America was in Virginia the same weekend I was.  We realized we would be 2 hours from one another, so met halfway Saturday morning for breakfast.  She still lives in Bogota, and it was wonderful to see her!
Saturday night, we drove over to the Charlottesville area for the rehearsal dinner.
Me and my girls
The beautiful bride-to-be and groom

It was a sweet time!  Part 2 of wedding pictures will be coming tomorrow!






6 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures of your and your girls and the picture with the lovely bride and groom! Your travel pictures are great, too. Love the historical buildings and all the places you got to see while traveling. That phone holder on the plane is really smart! I usually fly the discount carriers- they aren't that fancy, lol! Have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful little trip- congrats to your niece! LOVE seeing you and Jennifer together too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved our Friday night dinner! I also love seeing some pics from the wedding week- what a beautiful place. I see what you mean about all the history you mentioned Friday night. I can't wait to see the rest! Would you believe I totally forgot to go to OH Grate on Saturday? I did. I'm going to go by there this week, though. I really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you and Jennifer got to have dinner together Friday. I enjoyed seeing all your photos from your trip. Looking forward to seeing more from the wedding. I'll be flying to Texas next week on United to go to my daughter's wedding. Have you ever flown United? I don't think I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - all of you look so pretty! Looks like a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful little getaway! I can't wait to see some wedding photos.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...