I am joining up for the July edition of What's Up Wednesday. This month seemed to drag on a little bit for me, but here is the recap.....
What we're eating this week.......
Monday - I ate Mexican with girlfriends before going to see the Barbie movie
Tuesday - my best friend was in town so we went out to eat Mexican too
I'll be honest....the rest of the week, I have no idea.
What I'm reminiscing about......
Life as a family when my girls lived at home is something I think about as a new school year begins. It was always so fun to start new curriculum as homeschool mom and I'm so thankful for that time with them.
What we've been up to.......
Yesterday, I helped my best friend's daughter move and they stayed at my house before leaving town today. It was a long day, but thankful to have time with them.
What I'm dreading.........
I know time will go by fast before my daughter leaves for her 2nd year of college. I will miss her!
What I'm excited about.........
I am excited about the return of fall weather! We have had a few days of extreme hot weather (by my definition, anything over 95), but I feel like most of our summer has just been our normal summer in the south heat. Whenever the bugs go away, is a good day for me.
What I'm watching..........
This week, I haven't watched much since my cable has been out all week. Ugh, the frustrations of first world problems. My frustration has mainly been with people misleading me and giving me wrong information over and over again. My trust level of people is sadly very low these days.
What I'm listening to.......
I am listening to a variety of music this summer. I am listening to Yacht Rock in the car when not listening to podcasts. I am slowly changing some of the podcasts I listen to as sometimes I just don't feel like I relate to some of these parenting/family ones anymore. I still enjoy Big Boo podcast and The Office Ladies, even though I am a few episodes behind on that.
What I'm wearing.........
I am wearing dresses to stay cool! I ordered one from Amazon prime, one from Target, and 2 from Kohls. This is the Target dress I wore to my niece's wedding. The others I haven't worn yet. I have so many summer dresses, but when I find one for under $25, it is hard to pass up! This is me with my sister, who has 8 grandkids!!
What I'm doing this weekend...........
I don't have any plans as of now, so it will probably be low key and just cleaning/organizing around the house.
What I'm looking forward to next month.........
I hope to travel to see my oldest daughter for a weekend. She will probably be moving into a new place next month, so I hope to go and help with that if she needs it.
What else is new....................
My work has moved offices, so we are in the midst of getting organized and still trying to get some work done. It may take a few weeks to find our groove...and some supplies!


Yay for Mexican food and girl time! I know you will be sad when your girl leaves. I hope you can plan a trip, too. Love dresses! The blue is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteWe are starting to plan a trip to see the kids, maybe the beginning of November. Everyone has busy schedules, and unfortunately their college calendars are not aligned. Love the dress! We plan to see Barbie this weekend...I have low expectations, ha ha! This summer has seemed extra hot, but really anything over 95 is time to stay inside! Loved hearing about your month.
ReplyDeleteBoth you and your sister look lovely in your blue dresses! I'm not nearly as excited to start homeschooling this year... maybe once it cools off and feels more like school time it'll happen. We picked out our curriculum so long ago I don't really remember what Evan will be studying this year.
ReplyDeleteI love your dress. I always think I will wear more dresses but then I don't. But I think I just need some fun/pretty ones to wear. Enjoy those cooler days. We're in the middle of a heat wave right now and I am envious.
ReplyDelete