Good morning! I am happy to report it is suppose be above freezing today and by tomorrow night, the lows will be above freezing. However, schools are still closed in the area due to the side streets still being so slick. I hope to be back at work this morning, but I did have a low grade fever last night. I am guessing it will probably be a busy week, but I need some busyness though after being home all last week due to the beautiful snow. These are views from Sunday:
The cove ice is beginning to melt, but our driveway still has lots of slippery places. It is crazy it is a week later and this snow is still sticking around. Look at this ice on our house!
My weekend was pretty non-eventful. I worked Friday morning from home, stayed home Saturday again but was able to get out Sunday finally and went to church. It was so good to see people. I also put away the Chrsitmas decorations!!
Before....and after. I pulled out a few Valentine decorations on the bed, but will leave them there for another week.
Sunday afternoon, I alternated between snacking on Caramel M&M's (so good!), working a puzzle and reading a book, all while having a small space heater right by me.
Since not much else happened, I am giving a re-cap of the prior weekend.
We went over to Bentonville, Arkansas to have a January get-away. January is usually a blah month, so I like to have a weekend trip every year in January. We left Friday midday and started the trip with lunch at Cracker Barrell. We had these hasbrown tater tots, a new menu item they have.
Friday night, we went to a Mexican restaurant that has great reviews and I actually went to this same place last fall. Saturday morning, we went to the Marrs Mercantile. Have you guys seen the HGTV show Fixer to Fabulous? This is the Mercantile of Dave and Jenny Marrs, the hosts of the show & they remodel houses in Bentonville. It was a cute little store and we rode around to look at some of their house show remodels.
We got some pizza and calzones for lunch then found a place to go outdoor ice skating. I went last year in New York City, but it took me a while to get going again this time. Ice skating is hard! However, it is fun at the same time. I am just thankful I didn't fall and hurt myself!
I had packed food and we ate dinner in our hotel room. We stayed at a Candlewood Suites, so it had a full kitchen. I also brought food for breakfast that we ate in the room both mornings. We drove by the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville on our drive home Sunday. It started snowing around Little Rock, but thankfully, we were able to make it home before the roads really got too bad.
The skyline of Memphis as we were driving from Arkansas crossing into Tennessee
I am so glad we did this, especially not knowing I would be snowed in for the next week!
Enjoy your Monday friends!












Your weekend was a lot like mine. I enjoyed reading your recap of your weekend away last weekend. A getaway in January is a good idea. We have had the most boring ones so far! Alyssa´s birthday at the end of the month always provides us with something fun but that isn´t until the end of the month! (And next year she won´t be here for it :(). It sounds like a good weekend in Arkansas. I really want to visit that state sometime. I´ḿ glad you had a good time there.
ReplyDeleteAll of our weekends were the same! 🤣 I know you were glad to have that weekend trip since our week was snowy and we were all stuck at home. I love Bentonville, and you're making me want to go back!
ReplyDeleteThat is so nice that you got away to Arkansas. I want to travel up there sometime, although it is quite a drive from Houston! I hope you are feeling better and able to get out and about more this week!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun little break! Our freezing temps finally broke today too and while tonight is still supposed to be chilly it will just keep right on warming up until Friday and I can not wait!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a wonderful little trip. I'm glad you were able to get away for a few days. Yay for getting the decorations put away. Hope you have a good week ahead.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun little getaway- I am feeling the freeze just looking at your pics and living the same life up here in NH- how many days until spring?! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, your getaway before all of this winter weather looks so lovely! And ice skating! How fun! Glad y’all made it back before it got really bad. What a week it has been, huh? I hope by midweek y’all will be completely thawed out. It’s been an experience for sure! Hope you get to feeling better and have a great week!
ReplyDelete