Happy Monday! I am sharing a little about my weekend for Hello Monday and also joining in with Share Our Lives.
I worked all day Friday for a work event, which I will highlight pictures tomorrow.
Saturday, I did random little things and was lazy at home. Saturday night, I attended a party with my former travel agent co-workers. This was the group of us who worked together prior to the pandemic when most of us got laid off from our jobs. Only a few are still working in travel. This group worked together for a long time, so there were lots of memories and laughs.
The home where we had the gathering was beautiful!
I went to church Sunday morning and then went to my sister's house for the afternoon. Every year she hosts a crawfish boil. This year, we had crawfish, but also had other foods since the price of crawfish is crazy these days. It was so good to be with family, including celebrating with my own mom! I was able to talk to both of my girls since they were out of town. I am a believer in living life with parallel emotions. In this case, I was sad to not see my girls and missed them, but was still able to enjoy the day with family and have a good Mother's Day! I hope you did too!
My sister, mom and I
We had so many delicious desserts!
The crawfish table
My youngest great nephew eating crawfish for the first time.
These kids spent lots of tme in the pool!
We had a facetime with my youngest and I talked with my oldest on the phone.
I sure missed my girls, but it was still a great day overall!
Now on to Share our Lives.....
5 Favorite Foods
Pizza - cheese/pepperoni
Mexican - chicken tortilla soup, chicken fajita salad, guacamole
Desserts - frozen yogurt, chocolate chip cookie, key lime pie (I have 22 variations of key lime recipes on my Pinterest!) , Strawberry pretzel salad-WW version!
5 Least Favorite Foods
Sushi
Mushrooms
Beans
Olives
Peanuts
Can you see a theme here? I don't like anything too slimy :). I have never had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich in my life because I have never liked peanuts. I do eat pistachios and pecans, but that is about all the nuts I eat.




Your weekend looks like it was a great one- fun with family and friends. Your outfits are cute in all your pictures. I dislike all the same foods that you do except for peanuts. I like those. Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteThanks, it was. I love hearing about what others like/dislike to eat. It's so interesting to me. You too!
DeleteSo glad you had a great Mother's Day- you deserve it and you looked beautiful Marilyn! Pizza is my #1 too :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! Looks like you did too! Pizza is always a good idea to me :).
DeleteSo many people have said olives today. I love olives and probably should have put them on my favorites list. I realized in answering today there's almost nothing I dislike lol. I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day. Neither of my girls were here either, but I did have a nice weekend in spite of that. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteMe too. The day just felt different. It's a texture thing for me with the olives. That's interesting that so many people dislike them. I eat more things now than I did when I was younger.
DeleteI have never eaten crawfish and I'm not sure that I every will. My daughter and grandson love them though. I did not see my girls either, so I understand those feelings. I talked with oldest several times on Saturday and she knew we were going on Sunday to her favorite pizza place, so she triple dog dared me to Marco Polo her with a video eating a piece of the pizza. Of course, this mom had to do it. lol I called and talked for a minute with the youngest, but they were at the pool and I could tell there was a lot of distractions going on, so the call was very short.
ReplyDeleteOh, what a fun phone call/Marco Polo to do! These girls stay busy the older they get. I prefer crawfish cooked in etoufee, but I did have a few of these yesterday.
DeleteWe were just talking about having a crawfish boil later this year, we have never done it but sounds like it could be fun. I feel like you can never go wrong with Mexican food, thanks for linking up with Share Our lives.
ReplyDeleteMexican is always a good choice! Crawfish is definitely a hit or miss food, but just the sound of a crawfish boil always sounds fun to me and there is usually a lot of other food options too. Have a good day!
DeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful weekend but I know you must have been missing your girls. I think I could have easily filled my top 5 with just desserts and sweets--- I'm not sure when I developed such a sweet tooth since I never ate chocolate or cake or much of them growing up but I just can not stop eating them now. My middle son/Alec/ the baker doesn't like peanut butter either and only makes his sandwiches with nutella and jelly.
ReplyDeleteHa, me too, which is why I listed so many sweets! Interesting Alec doesn't eat peanut butter either, because it seems like almost everyone does. I did miss my girls! Thanks for hosting this!
DeletePizza is popular with a lot of the bloggers linking up today.
ReplyDeletePizza makes most people happy :). And it is almost always affordable and easy, which is a plus these days too. Have a good day!
DeleteWhat a great weekend! That room in the pretty house with the green bookshelves made me swoon. And your dress on Mother's day is adorable on you! I'm so glad you enjoyed your day even in spite of not seeing your girls. I like what you said about parallel emotions; I often live in that same world. Just today I was laughing and crying at the same time, because of all my emotions.
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you, my friend.
Emotions are sometimes odd/funny/crazy things! That house was fun to walk through. Thanks for the compliment on the dress :).
DeleteIt sounds like a lovely evening with your ex co-workers and a nice get together with your family.
ReplyDeleteAhh! I never thought of putting just desserts as one of my 5 favourites. I think key line pie would be my all time favourite.
I am not a fan of slimy food but the one exception is mushrooms, I do love them.
It was. Clearly, I had a hard time just limiting desserts :).
DeleteI'm sad how few people like mushrooms and olives :) And now I want a low country boil -- that looks soooo good!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it is a texture thing. The crawfish boil is a southern thing for sure!
DeleteYour weekend looks lovely. I love pizza and Mexican food too. Thanks for linking up with us.
ReplyDeleteI could eat those more often than I should :). Thanks for hosting!
Delete