Thursday, May 30, 2024

Monthly Musings ~ May 2024

 I am joining up with Holly & Patty as we say farewell to May and welcome summer 2024!

1.  What are you looking forward to this summer?

I am looking forward to Brook being home this summer from college!  And I have a few weekends when Isabella will be home too.

2.  Favorite summer traditions

We usually like to take a vacation and go swimming wherever we are invited.

3.  Favorite summer recipe

I like to cook fresh vegetables, especially zuchinni and squash.  I also love any treat with strawberries. This is one of my favorite strawberry recipes.

4.  Summer vacation plans?

We plan on going to Vrginia Beach for a few days this summer.  The rest of my summer will be working as usual.

5.  Cole slaw or potato salad?

Neither for me.  I would pass on both of these, although I do like potatoes preapred most any other way.

6.  Favorite ice cream or frozen treat?

If there is a Jenni's Ice Cream, I am in for it, especially if it includes eating it with these ladies!  Otherswise, give me all the frozen yogurt.

7.  Favorite summer beverage?

I like a diet lemonade, lime or lemon soda water, or a strawberry margarita.

8.  Beach, lake or mountains?

Do we have to choose just one?  For the summer, I would gladly go to any of these.

9.  Best ways to beat the heat in summer?

Stay indoors! Ha, other than that, plenty of liquids, a swimming,  portable fans, and loose clothing.

10.  Favorite sunscreen?

I use e.l.f. sunscreen on my face every day.  For the body, I prefer a spray sunscreen.
Due to traveling, I am not posting a favorites tomorrow, but wish you all a happy weekend ahead!


11 comments:

  1. Oh that strawberry dessert looks and sounds delish! I love a good frozen margarita too! Yes to all the swimming- safe travels friend XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're invited to come swimming here! LOL That strawberry dessert looks so good; I like most anything with strawberries in it. I was absolutely thinking Jeni's for my favorite ice cream... but mentioned other local ones instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to escape to the northeast in our summer heat & try out your local ice cream places!

      Delete
  3. I made the pretzel strawberry dessert once with garden grown strawberries- I was pleased as punch to use ¨my¨ berries, lol. It´s so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking of Jeni's when I read Joanne's post with all the ice cream pictures. Then I clicked over to your blog and see that fun picture at Jeni's. I think I need to go get ice cream tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, it’s the time of year to keep ice cream stocked!

      Delete
  5. I used to make a strawberry pretzel salad and haven't thought about it in a long time. It was so good, I'm going to have to pull out my recipe one day soon while we have good strawberries. Enjoy time with your girls this summer. I have two daughters as well, both are married now but we're all still close and love any chances we have to be together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that is great y'all still are close and enjoy time together. Fresh strawberries definitely make everything better!

      Delete
  6. There's a Jenni's in our town and I have never been there because the line is always so long. Maybe I will make a pledge to try it this summer. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...