Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Talking About it Tuesday/Weekend Wrap-Up ~ May 28, 2024

 I hope you all had a good Memorial Day weekend!  I feel like it is officially summer now, although summer looks so much different now that my kids are a little older.  But I still welcome summer and the different schedule it brings and less traffic on days I drive to work :). Here is a recap of the weekend.


Friday, my youngest flew home for the weekend!  It was perfect timing to have her home.  Saturday morning was a perfect leisure morning.  I found an episode of The Love Boat on Pluto TV and showed it to Brook.  We made it through about half the episode as it wasn't maybe one the best.  I use to watch this show every Saturday night as a kid.  

We went to lunch and then to Ulta, TJ Maxx and Trader Joe's.  I bought some of the body butter for me and my girls, along with a candle. I also saw this Enchanted Jangle, which I think must be the summertime version of Jingle Jangle.  I didn't buy any, but I think I the Jingle Jangle is still my favorite.
I picked some flowers from the yard, made some sourdough bread and wore my new neck fan.
Saturday evening, Brook cut some layers around my face and this was her first time to cut hair.  I really trust my daughter.

Sunday morning, I went to church, my oldest came home that afternoon and my heart was full.  It had been over 3 months since I had seen both of my girls at the same time!  
We went to a wedding that afternoon of a dear friend.  This friend has been one my oldest daughter's good guy friends since 6th grade.  His parents are great friends of mine and we just love their family.
The mother of the groom and I
My girls and I
Sister of the groom and my Brook
This is Isabella and her small group friends and leaders from high school.  I love that this group has been so close since 6th grade and going strong 5 years post high school graduation, even though they all went to different schools.
My heart was just so full having these 2 together, even for a afternoon.
As of yesterday afternoon, they are both back in their respective cities.  

But before Isabella left, we went to lunch together, went to a few stores and got frozen yogurt.  We went to a newer restaruant to our area where you can build your own salad.  I had also gone here last week and it is one of my favorite places now.  I was thankful for the one on one time with her.
I added several types of lettuce, zuchinni noodles, veggies, chicken and hummus instead of dressing.  It was delicious. 

Have a great day!





14 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Getting to see your girls and going to a wedding of a dear friend. Your pictures of the wedding are so good! The last time that I was at TJ´s, I picked up a bag of the Enchanted Jangle and considered buying it but saw the cookies and cream covered pretzels and bought that instead (and will buy again!). The salad place sounds a lot healthier and good! Have a great Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those pretzels sound delicious! This salad place is my new favorite for sure. They also have a baked potato and soup station for those who want something with a salad or don't want a salad. It is priced by weight of the food, but my salad there was less than buying a salad out at a restaurant and I could customize it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had an afternoon with both of your girls! I know that feeling well; even while Noah lived at home with us, it was so rare for the six of us to all be together at the same time. It happened twice the week that Noah moved, which was like a Christmas miracle to me, and it made me so happy! I don't expect to see Noah again until August sometime, which is totally fine and understandable. I am thankful for the times we had last week and pray and trust that the Lord will sustain me until we're all together again. I love all the pics from the wedding, and both you and your dress are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend! Yes, the Lord will sustain you! I always miss my girls, but usually around the 2 month mark, I need to have a plan in place to see them again. That always seems like a long time for me. I'm so glad ya'll had sweet family time last week!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a beautiful wedding - what a great occasion to share with your girls!
    I used to watch Love Boat with my Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good memories from Saturday nights to see who the guest stars were going to be that week on the Love Boat!

      Delete
  4. I am SO glad you got to spend the weekend with your beautiful girls! I know that was so much fun! Looks like a beautiful wedding! I remember watching Love Boat when I was a little girl. I need to look up those old episodes. Thanks for mentioning the neck fan. I have got to get one of those! These hot flashes are something serious now that it is getting hot outside. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, the neck fan is coming in so handy! Yes, Saturday night tv was one of the best!

      Delete
  5. What a great weekend! The haircut picture made me laugh, and yes, you definitely trust her. I used to watch Love Boat and Fantasy Island EVERY week! I love the wedding pictures and I'm so glad you were able to see both girls together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn’t Saturday nights the best? I told Brook we would all get up during the commercials because there was no pausing or rewinding a show. Then I told her we couldn’t see the episode again until it came out as a re-run in the summer!

      Delete
  6. That sounds like a really great weekend! I bet you were jus thrilled to have both your girls home and that wedding looks lovely. I used to love watching The Love Boat so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Yes, Love Boat started my love of cruising!

      Delete
  7. The photo of you and your grown up (ish) girls is a framer! What a lovely time together! I tried the Enchanted Jangle and it was good, but I like the chocolate version better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Yes, I agree....I like the chocolate version better too.

      Delete

Hodgepodge ~ August 12, 2026

 Happy to be back with the Hodgepodge after missing last week's post. 1. I saw a meme on Instagram that went like this-'The movie Di...