Thursday, August 1, 2024

Share Your Shelf ~ August 2024

 Thanks for joining my friends Joanne, Jennifer and Tanya for this month's Share Your Shelf!

So this month, I only read 2 books, both memoirs by some of my favorite podcasters.  I am catching up on their older books.  Both books were enoyable and tell a lot about their young adulthood lives.

First, was Home is Where My People are by Sophie Hudson.

I also finished Church of the Small Things by Melanie Shankle.

This probably doesn't count as a regular book for sure, but I spent some time reading through a new hymn/song book for our church.  They asked me to proofread it before we publish it and use it on a regular basis. I attend a church that is 5 years old, so we are updating the current songbook we have been using.  Disclaimer: I had the Yankees game playing in the background :).

Between work, life, and all the podcasts I listen to in my free time, I have found that 2-3 books is my pace each month.  So, whatever your pace is, no pressure to post a ton of books each month!

Thanks for joining us today & have a great weekend!  
(I will be off tomorrow instead of blogging)

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

11 comments:

  1. I love reading and listening to memoirs; I don't know either one of those authors but the covers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read one of Sophie's books yet, but I did read most of Melanie's. I really liked Church of the Small Things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both great authors. So far, I have probably enjoyed Melanie's better, but I have preordered Sophie's new book.

      Delete
  3. I think I read something by the second author awhile ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both Melanie and Sophie's blogs. I really need to get both of those and read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to listen to these through my Spotify app.

      Delete
  5. I love memoirs, one of my favorite genres. Some months I read a lot and some months far less. I tend to read 'heavier' books as opposed to beach reads or chick lit (nothing against those, I just usually prefer something meatier) and they're generally not quick reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how we all bring our different tastes into the books we read!

      Delete
  6. Look at you reading all your books! I'm so proud of you and remember when you thought you wouldn't be able to participate in this. And that hymn book definitely counts! Did you know that the book you read from Melanie has actually been renamed? I can't remember what it is, but it's got a different title and cover. She mentioned it recently (within the last month or two) on her stories or feed on IG. I hope you have the best trip this weekend, my friend and look forward to catching up next week! Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...