It's finally fall! It looks the weather is going the right direction, although, it was a warm first day of fall for me.
I am a little out of sorts as I usually type from my computer for posts, however,I am using my tablet today. There are lots of pictures below!
I left town Thursday & drove to Banner Elk, North Carolina. I made stops at two different Buc-ees along the way. Once I arrived, I took a little walk to stretch my legs. I just wanted to be swallowed up by a Hallmark movie once I saw the town.
A deer right by my car to greet me when I arrived!
View of the mountains from my balcony
I was probably most proud of myself when I carried my luggage up to the third floor by myself!
Friday was spent at the most beautiful wedding venue I have ever seen!
The cocktail hour was in this building.
This is my best friend & mother of the bride
I assist the florist with this greenery on the arbor.
Reception area
Charcuterie board for cocktail hour
Friends made cookies & mother of the bride made the cake & her sister decorated it!
I was exhausted Friday night!
Saturday morning, I drove around the town a bit.
I joined up with my friend & her family for a hike.
My friend has twin grandsons, so it was fun to meet them
Later that night, we toasted to our Best Friends bottle of wine.
We had fun laughing Saturday night with her husband, brother & wife, & her youngest daughter & husband. We ate pizza, cake, ice cream & cookies & drank wine. We had lots of wedding snacks & wine leftover from the prior night.
Sunday ,I drove to Pigeon Forge & had a day of vacation by myself. I took a walk on a trail in the Smoky Mountains & visited an attraction called Anakeesta. I loved seeing all the fall decor!
I also saw new products at another Buc-eess stop!
I rode a ski lift up the mountain.
I was a little nervous,so I talked to one daughter while getting on the ride & the other one the rest of the way.
It was a warm first day of fall. I was missing the nice NC mountain weather!
I rode in one the red cars going down the mountain.
It was a good day, but I was exhausted once again.
Have a great Monday!
Linking up with Holly & Sarah

You go girl! You are really getting out there! It looks like a lovely weekend! So is that a beaver nugget scented candle? I've never been to a Buc-cee's!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! It felt good! Yes, it is a beaver nugget candle! I should probably buy one :)
DeleteLooks like a great trip! The wedding venue- WOW -with the mountains in the background! The arbor is so pretty and everything inside looked great. How fun to do some exploring on your own as well!
ReplyDeleteI just can't get over how beautiful it was!
DeleteOh, how fun! I love a good wedding and reception, and this one looks fabulous! So glad you could spend time with your best friend! There is nothing like it!
ReplyDeleteI agree!
DeleteThat all sounds so lovely! The wedding venue is beautiful. We went up to Anakeesta and I was NOT a fan of that ski chair lift on the way up (we had to take a bus/tram back down the mountain at the end of the night because a thunderstorm had moved into the area and everything was shut down). It looks so cute all decorated for fall though.
ReplyDeleteI was definitely nervous, especially being on the lift alone. Talking to my girls helped!
DeleteBanner Elk is dreamy! So glad you had a fun wedding weekend, it looks beautiful. My hubs is from the foothills of the Smoky Mountains and we have spent a lot of time over the years in that area. Pigeon Forge is something : ) So glad you enjoyed your travels and change of scenery. Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteIt is! I haven't been to the Pigeon Forge area in about 11 years. I have definitely enjoyed the change of scenery.
DeleteSo glad you had a great time! I am sure the exhaustion was worth it- you looked beautiful too!
ReplyDeleteThe best kind of exhaustion!
DeleteWhat a beautiful wedding venue. I love Banner Elk. Mom and dad used to have a vacation place near there and we almost always visited Banner Elk. That's been a long time ago, and I sure hope we can make it back there some day. So glad you had such a nice trip. Did you like Anakeesta? I've seen videos from people that have been there, but so far, we never have. Hope you have a great week.
ReplyDeleteOh wow! It is such a quaint town. Anakeesta is good for the adventure person, but also had lots of chairs for just enjoying the views.
DeleteMy family has been to Banner Elk many times. Where you were staying reminded me of a time share we used more than once there. Nice to see familiar places!
ReplyDeleteOh that's so fun! It was beautiful!
DeleteWhat a fabulous trip! I'm so glad you got to spend quality time with your best friend and her family. I know that you'll never forget the memories you made while you were together! I'm so proud of you for doing so many new things on your own! I know that wasn't the easiest, but you are rocking this new phase of life, my friend, and you look great while you do it all!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It has been so nice!
DeleteWhat a fun weekend! The wedding venue looked absolutely spectacular, and it’s so great that you got to spend time with your bestie!
ReplyDeleteThey were both fabulous indeed!
DeleteWhat a nice fall weekend! We had a wedding to attend this weekend too!
ReplyDeleteOh what a festive weekend! I love the view from your room... that gazebo gives all the Gilmore Girls vibes. And that venue is stunning!
ReplyDeleteYes, the whole place was stunning for sure!
Delete