Wednesday, November 13, 2024

Hodgepodge ~ November 13, 2024

 Wednesday Hodgepodge edition is here! I am linking up with Joyuce for this post.


1. What's something you think is under appreciated. Explain.  

I think that a smile that radiates kindness is a rare thing and under appreciated in this busy world where we are focused on ourselves most of the time.  I am all for taking time and care for ourself , working on being healthy mentally, spiritually, physically and emotionally. As a part of that, sharing a smile with someone and saying hello goes a long way.

2. As winter approaches how do you stay productive? 

I may not be the most productive person these days, but as far a productivity goes, I make a lot of lists!  I also give myself a lot of grace.  If I am watching television, I will give myself a time limit and then get up and do a few things.  I think rest is important too!

3. What's a popular food you don't like? 

Peanut butter & beans

I have never had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I started eating a few variety of nuts a few years ago & like pistachios, pecans and I will eat walnuts in a salad. 

When it comes to chili or soups, I never add beans.  I like my chili Texas style! I don't eat green beans or baked beans either.

4. What do you think is more interesting-art or history? Elaborate. 

My daughter is an artist, so I have really come to appreciate more art.  She is a detailed artist and mostly does portrait art, which is so skilled and difficult.  

I feel like I have a terrible memory when it comes to history.  Often when I hear about a historical event, I think I must have studied that somewhere along the way but forgot all the details.  I do love it when a movie is made on something from history that most of the world doesn't know about or remember.

5. What advice would you give to someone half your age? 

I would tell her to keep pursuing her hobbies, learn some skills such as something that could earn money now or down the road and also household skills, such as assembling things, budgeting, yard/car maintenance, etc.,  avoid debt, smile a lot, be kind, make friends, work on family relationships and the most important, love Jesus and know God's truth for her.  Identity comes from Him and is not fulfilled from someone else.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have shared some songs here in previously and today's song I would like to share is called "You're Not Done" by Charity Gayle and Leeland

I know you're tired
I know you're weak
And all of that fighting's got you
Down on your knees
You're desperate for change
Desperate to know
There's a light
Still a light
Child lift up your eyes
For your help draws nigh
Child lift up your eyes
It'll be alright
Every tear you've cried
Let the sunlight dry
Every tear you've cried
It'll be alright
If you still have breath in your lungs
If you still have breath in your lungs
You're not done

Enjoy your Wednesday!









24 comments:

  1. I eat and really like green beans and I've started sort of talking myself into eating garbanzo beans but I really can't stand any other kind of bean either.. I keep trying since they're supposed to be so healthy and a great protein source for those of us that don't love meat but blech! The texture is just awful. I am awful at remembering any sort of specifics about history too but I do love seeing and observing art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is a texture thing for me with the beans! Sounds like we are the same on history and art. Have a good day!

      Delete
  2. Your advice is all so good! I forgot that you don´t care for peanut butter. I am not crazy about beans but I will add them to chili and other soups. Your daughter´s artwork is amazing! The song you mentioned sounds really good- I will check that out :). Enjoyed reading your post- have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a good, encouraging song! Hope you have a great day too!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree about getting a skill early on. We've told our kids that and I wish I had one aside from being good at English, especially now as AI is taking over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that true? That is good advice for your kids.

      Delete
  4. I loved your list of under appreciated things! I wholeheartedly agree about a smile and simple "hello". I try to make eye contact with people as I'm walking around while out in public and I always try to smile at them, because you just never know what people are going through. We're proof of that, right? I need to look up the song you shared. I may have heard it, but it isn't ringing any bells. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a beautiful smile and do so well at this!

      Delete
  5. I so agree about a smile. When someone flashes one unexpectedly as you pass it lifts the heart. I am not someone who loves peanut butter. I do love peanut butter cookies but almost never eat a pb sandwich. I sometimes eat it on toast but thats rare. I admire someone with true skill in painting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting is such a talent. It is always good to share a smile! Have a good day!

      Delete
  6. I'm not a fan of peanut butter either. I agree that a smile can make such a difference. Great message in that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, smile more! It often speaks louder than words I have learned.

      Delete
  7. I read that as peanut butter and beans together and I didn't think those went together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, like Dara above, first read that as a combo - beans and peanut butter. I immediately thought to myself, "I wonder if that is a regional favorite somewhere." hahaha! I like both peanut butter AND beans but not together. I think smiling often is very important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I guess I was a little off in my wording and spacing with that answer!

      Delete
  9. I completely agree about peanut butter. The smell makes me nauseous. I will eat PB&J as long as the PB layer is thin, but it's rare that I eat it. And thanks for the music inspiration! Keep the worship music song lyrics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like peanut butter and eat it with apple slices for a snack. I like most beans except for lima beans. A smile can say so many thing. Kindness is so important. I think IPhones have gotten in the way of a smile and kindness. I like the song at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let my phone get in the way of a smile too often but am trying to do better.

      Delete
  11. I am very picky about what kind of beans I like, and kidney beans ain't it! I just put different beans in my chili though. Love all the advice you'd give - it's all good! Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your answers. A smile is such a HUGE thing!! Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...