Hi lovely friends! I am always so happy when it is Friday! I think it is because Saturday and Sunday mornings are my favorite times of the week. Here are some favorites from the last week.
I have been able to go through my filing cabinet and clear lots of old papers. I had saved insurance papers from the past 5-10 years and other papers older than that. I threw away check registers from 25 years ago! Well, actually I have a garbage bag of papers and then a bucket of papers to burn. Either way, it has felt so good to clean out a filing cabinet. I have been putting this job off for way too long.
This was from a day last week, but I enjoyed eating a meal outside. This week has been cooler and very windy.
I was so happy when the garbage man picked up all my bags of leaves last week!
I have tried to go to the gym twice a week. I really need to build up to 3x, but I have to start somewhere, right?
My favorite part is the hydromassage afterwards!
My old self can't get my wireless headphones connected to my phone, so I pulled out my wired headphones.
I made 2 loaves of sourdough this week and it turned out well, even if the picture is sideways!
I went to a baby shower this week and there was so much good food. My favorite type of food is appetizers. It was also good to be among friends!
I had dinner with my sister and her family and her little grandchildren, which of course is a joy of my life!
I have some low key plans for the weekend and hoping it will be a good one for us all!
Thanks for reading!

I feel you on getting rid of old paperwork. I used to save all of our check registers but recently got rid of the old ones. It was kinda sad to glance through the second copy of the checks. They were almost all to my daughter's dance studio and church. It made me miss the growing up years of the kids though on the positive side, man, not spending money on kids' activities is amazing financially! I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is very reflective to look back and see who we use to write checks to in the past. It is like a trip down memory lane. You too!
DeleteHooray for clearing out old paperwork! I did the same at the end of last year and could have really used a paper shredder. Glad you had a great time at the baby shower, and your sourdough looks fantastic! Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth! I have a little shredder, but have enjoyed having an outside fire instead to burn the papers. Enjoy your weekend!
DeleteGood job on the paper! I did well at my mom's house but now need to do mine.
ReplyDelete2 times is great! I can't even do that right now.
I am hoping to sit outside and read this weekend!
It is hard to go through our own stuff I think. One day at a time! I hope the weather is good and you are able to get some vitamin D this weekend outside!
DeleteWhoohoo on the paper. Insert clapping hands, lol. It’s a good feeling. That shower food does look yummy. Happy Friday beautiful!
ReplyDeleteYou made me laugh over your "old self" not being able to connect your wireless earbuds to your phone. I'm laughing, because I'm having the exact same issue! I need to figure that out today so I can use them again. I notice that I don't listen to podcasts nearly as much if I don't use them! I'm so glad you've had a good week and that you have weekend plans. I'm excited about the weekend, too!
ReplyDeleteGood job going to the gym and clearing out old papers!
ReplyDeleteGood job in clearing out the filing cabinet, I always keep papers and things like that for far too long.
ReplyDeleteI always struggle with my wireless headphones and go back to wired one's until my girls can set me up again wirelessly. lol
Yay for cleaning out a file cabinet. I need to do the same. I don't do the gym, but I admire the ones who do, even if it were just 1 time a week. I figure anything, is better than nothing. Keep up the good work and I hope you weekend is great!
ReplyDeleteThat bread looked so good. I bet you can connect the wireless headphones but I prefer the corded one for walks in case one falls out. Good for you getting the gym. You do have to start somewhere. When we moved we went through so much paper and check registers, etc. It was SO good to get it all shredded and thrown away!! It is such a good feeling but a lot of tedious work!
ReplyDeleteGreat job cleaning out that file cabinet. That is a BIG job. I did ours a few years ago and it felt so good to go (virtually) paperless. We still have a small file cabinet for some important stuff that we'll never shred, but it's nice to have pared it down quite a bit!
ReplyDelete