Tuesday, May 27, 2025

Hello Monday/Tuesday Talk ~ McKinney TX weekend/May 27, 2025

Hello Monday on a Tuesday and hope you had a good Memorial Day! 
It was a rainy day here and I am so ready to see the sun again.
Now on to a weekend re-cap....


Thursday morning, I met up with Jennifer early and we drove over to McKinney, Texas where one of her sons lives.  

After arriving, we changed and I was able to meet up with a couple who my family served with when we lived in South America.  It was great to see them and I ordered brisket for dinner, one of my favorites!

Friday morning, our sweet friend Tanya met us and it was such a fun day.  This was my anniversary, so I was so thankful to spend it with these friends in a different place.  
We took a drive around McKinney to look at some houses and then stopped for a photo at the Starbucks in the Adriatica Village.

We then enjoyed a delicious lunch at Cadillac Pizza & shopped the McKinney square.
I loved this butterfly display!
After a rest at the hotel, we ate dinner at The Yard and spotted some McKinney bloggers.
I had brisket for dinner again, 2 nights in a row!
After dinner, I had a few photos taken and we walked to Emporium Pie for dessert.
We took a little drive afterwards to the Legacy West area.
After returning back to the hotel, I spent some time outside to be alone with some reflection, prayer and music.  

 Saturday morning, we had another selfie then went to lunch before we parted ways.
If you are counting, this is the 3rd time I had brisket on this trip!  This meal was so good....brisket, fried okra, sweet potato casserole and broccoli salad.


Sunday morning, I wore my new dress I bought in McKinney and my new bracelet.

Sunday afternoon, I went to my sister's house to celebrate my mom's birthday from last week and my brother-in-laws birthday.  The bonus was I was able to see my great nieces and nephews!
The storms rolled in a little later.

Monday was super low key and quiet for me.  I went to see the new Mission Impossible movie by myself at the theater.  It was good, however, it is a 3 hour movie!

I am thankful to be back at work today!
Enjoy your day!







25 comments:

  1. It sounds like a nice trip to spend time with friends and to eat some great food! Bonus fun for getting to meet up with Tanya :). That dress is so pretty- it will be a good reminder of your trip and the time spent with friends in Texas. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya was definitely a bonus to this trip! Yes, I am glad to have a nice reminder of the trip. You too!

      Delete
  2. I love your new dress! I was just thinking I need more navy in my wardrobe. I also love the animal print? dress? that you are wearing in the butterfly mural. So cute! I love fried okra but rarely have it. Erika from A Little Bit of Everything talked about putting frozen okra on a sheet pan and we've been doing that. It's really good. I can't find my exact brisket recipe but I know I dumped a ton of onions in the crockpot along with some tomato sauce or paste and spices and maybe beef broth. It had a great flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! The animal print dress I bought at Marshalls last year. Your brisket sounds good and I may make that this summer.

      Delete
  3. Your new dress is so cute! I'm so glad you had a fun weekend away and enjoyed time with friends and great brisket. When in Texas! It seems the weather everywhere was a little less than stellar. We have more rain in the forecast this week and it's raining now. So ready for sunshine and warmer temps! Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sun will be a nice treat when it comes again. Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. This was such a fun weekend! I'm so grateful for all the time we had together, but now I miss you. We definitely need to see each other again before this weekend. That dress looks amazing on you! Did you enjoy the movie? I watched an entire season of one show yesterday and walked away feeling like I had a TV hangover at the end of the night. 🤪 Happy Tuesday, friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Oh what a lovely weekend- love that you and Jen got to spend some more time with Tanya- all of your brisket looks and sounds so delish and that dress is perfection on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved the extra time! The brisket and new dress were highlights on top of a great weekend with friends.

      Delete
  6. What a nice weekend with lots of good food!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I got to be a part of such a fun weekend! I love the dress on you - such a great color! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and thanks for your help in picking out the dress!

      Delete
  8. Hello! I am visiting from Jenn's and I have to ask about the blue dress you are wearing in the one photo. I absolutely love it, and need it in my life! Lovely blog! I will visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is an Umgee dress I found at a botique store in McKinney. I'm so glad you said hi!

      Delete
  9. That sounds like a wonderful weekend and as far as ALL the brisket goes-- when in Texas! Right? I mean it would be like going to Italy and not getting pasta every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I try to embrace the local food culture :)

      Delete
  10. We had a rainy long weekend here too and more again today!
    What a fab weekend! McKinney looks like a great city! All the food sounds so good, especially the brisket!
    How lovely to spend some times with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice place and I do love the Texas food! Hope you see the sun soon!

      Delete
  11. I'm so glad y'all had a nice trip! So great that you got to see Tanya, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looked like a fun weekend. I want to see Mission Impossible but uggh on the 3 hour time. That is tough! You look cute in all of your outfits! Which brisket was your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a fun weekend - I love a good girls weekend ;) I also LOVE that light blue ruffled dress on you, so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mix and Match Mama (Shay Shull) is a blogger who lives in or near McKinney. She has written about The Yard and the shops before. It sounds like a wonderful place and it sounds like you had a great time. When you posted the pictures of the BBQ wood, I thought to myself, "She is going to eat brisket three times in a row." I laughed out loud. I don't blame you - good brisket is hard to beat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ August 26, 2026

 Hi!  I am joining Joyce today for our weekly Hodgepodge session.  Love these days! 1. How do you feel about the transition from lazy summer...