Wednesday, July 23, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ July 23, 2025

 Good morning and Happy Hodgepodge to you friends!


1. When does time pass slowly for you? When does time past quickly for you? 
Time passes slowly when I am waiting for a fun event but the fun event usually goes by fast!  Time is a funny thing.  Looking back, something will seem like yesterday, yet so far away.  I think we would all agree, I can't believe it is almost the end of July.  The fall things are out at the stores!

2. Do you have a favorite beach? What's your favorite 'beach' activity? Tell us what we'd find in your beach bag.

I enjoy seeing any beach.  I am currently at Destin and it has been lovely.  My favorite activity is staring at the expanse of the water and thinking about how this is how God's love is for you and me.  While sitting outside Sunday, I listened to some worship music and it was so calming to have the music playing as I was listening to the waves. I will be posting part 2 of the trip tomorrow.  I posted about days 1 and 2 on Monday.

Oh and as far as what is in my beach bag, this time it included a beach towel, an extra charger, sunscreen, hat, portable fan, mirror, hair tie, headphones, speaker, drinks, snacks and an untouched book!

This picture below is from Grand Cayman. This was a cruise port in 2022 and is one of the prettiest beaches/water I think I have ever seen.

3. Your favorite book or movie with a beach setting? 

The first movie that comes to mind is Sweet Home Alabama.  Granted, it is not necessarily a beach setting, but it does start and end with sweet beach scenes.

4. What's a food you love, but find it's a pain to eat? Is it worth it? 

I really like crawfish, but it is a lot of work to peel them, so I just prefer to eat crawfish etoufee :).  

When I think of fruit, I prefer to have a bowl of cut up fruit vs. cutting it.

5.  Do you like roller coasters? What's the best (or worst) roller coaster you've been on? 

I do like roller coasters.  I have been to several Six Flags over my lifetime, Disney Parks, Busch Gardens, and Cedar Point, which is known for its roller coasters.  We use to have a theme park in Memphis and I grew up going there.  The most recent roller coasters I rode were at Dollywood last fall with Isabella. It is a heavy roller coaster theme park.  One was called Wild Eagle & had this verse as you entered the ride.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Catching up with some random images that have caught me eye online lately....


Well, that's all for today.  Thanks for reading and have a great Wednesday!


24 comments:

  1. I relate to the chips and salsa : ) Glad you had a wonderful beach trip. I agree sitting in front of the ocean makes God feel near. The water in the Caribbean is the bluest! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great Bible verse and how cool that there is a Bible verse at a theme park! I hope to get to Dollywood in the next year or so when Abby is in TN. You've been to some great amusement parks! Great beach pics and looking forward to your recap :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorites and I thought so too. Dollywood is fun!

      Delete
  3. The memes you found are so funny and so true! I have not had Mexican food from a Mexican restaurant in a long time. I could eat a basket of tortillas right now! You've been to a lot of theme parks - I guess I have, too, if you count all the childhood ones. My Dad was a daredevil and would go on all the rollercoasters. Kate loved them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always down for Mexican and have been craving it too!

      Delete
  4. Aww Sweet Home Alabama is a great one! Destin does look and sound like a dream for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to watch it again soon. Thanks Holly!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is a beautiful beach if you get the chance, but anywhere on the Florida panhandle is beautiful!

      Delete
  6. Oh yes! I agree with what you said about how time passes. I noticed all the Autumnal things in the shops too, it's too soon! We've just started summer here!
    I haven't seen Sweet Home Alabama in years, I must give it a watch!
    hehehe! Those images, I am always looking at houses I can't afford and yep, I hate watching long movies but with binge a series in a couple of days. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may watch Sweet Home Alabama again soon too. Ha, yes, me too!

      Delete
  7. Those memes are a riot! The whole Destin area does look so nice for a fun beach vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beach in Cayman is amazing! I've been there, but it's been many years ago. I love the memes! That last one got me. It's so true! I'm so glad we got to beach together this week! What a fun and perfect trip it was...well, mostly, besides the few hiccups of things you had going on at the same time. I'm so grateful we have yet another memory to add to our repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caribbean water is so pretty. I agree to the trip! Thank you!

      Delete
  9. The 3 simple truths was good! You have been on a lot of roller coaster rides. Destin beach is beautiful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. I do like a roller coaster. I just have to rest a little bit when I get off one now :).

      Delete
  10. That's so true about waiting for an event and then it passing so quickly! Destin is stunning! I'm ready for a trip back there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a lovely time you are having at Destin. Great answer to the first question. Keep enjoying your time in Destin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to go to Dollywood sometime, now that G is in TN. And Grand Cayman is definitely on my travel bucket list...so many places. I always feel close to God when I am near the water.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love any beach as well. That Grand Cayman photo was gorgeous! Those images at the end are great. I can relate to the Netflix one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed your answers and photos. So pretty. Those memes were hilarous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband just rode that roller coaster when we went to Dollywood back in April! I couldn't bring myself to get on it. Lol. And I love all the memes! That last one is so true! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...