Thursday, July 31, 2025

Monthly Musings ~ July 2025

 Happy Thursday!  Linking with Holly and Patty for Monthly Musings on How We Summer....

1.  Favorite thing about summer 2025?
Having Brook home and seeing Isabella

2.  Favorite thing you ate this summer?
Key Lime Pie!

3.  Did you see any movies this summer?
I saw Mission Impossible at the theater and enjoyed it.  

4.  What books did you read this summer?
Um, none!

5. Ready for fall or hold onto summer?
Ready for fall please!  I am tired of the bugs and want to sit outside more and take walks.

6. What is different about your summer schedule than the rest of the year?
Due to no school in session, traffic to work is so much better for me and I can leave a little later from my house.

7. How do you take a break/relax in summer?
I take a vacation and also have learned to lean into my Saturday mornings and use that as a time of relaxation.

8. Any trips still on the calendar for the rest of the summer?
I don't have any specific ones for the summer, but I may try to take a weekend trip in September.

9. Any summer concerts this year?
I went with Jenn to see a group ( I don't even remember who it was) and we will go see Teddy Swims in a few weeks!

10.  When does summer end in your world?
I would say it ends at Labor Day when Brook goes back to school.  

14 comments:

  1. Same - I am looking forward to walking and no bugs in the fall. I have not enjoyed the weather this summer. I can only be outside if I am at a pool or body of water! The temps are supposed to cool down today but it is still so humid out right now - ugh!
    I know Brook leaving will be hard. Can you make a bucket list of things to look forward to or that you plan to do when she leaves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I hope to take some little trips is all I have on the radar so far.

      Delete
  2. That beach picture is a perfect summer picture! I am ready for the cooler temps of fall but not ready for our summer schedule to end. That's cool that Brook will be home until Labor Day. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I tend to like the school year schedule, but not the traffic!

      Delete
  3. Fun answers! It's so smart to lean into your Saturday mornings; I hope to start doing the same this weekend. We saw Treaty Oak Revival; that made me laugh! I'm so excited about Teddy Swims...it's been a summer of challenges and fun times; once again, I'm ready for a new season. Each one is different, it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you will treasure your weekend time at home! Ha, thanks for the reminder of who we saw in concert :).

      Delete
  4. That key lime pie looks amazing-- that whole trip looked so relaxing and fun. Definitely a great way to decompress. I know you have been having so much fun having Brook home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The key lime pie was the best I have ever had!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh Teddy Swims? So jealous- love him! Such a great voice. That key lime pie looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea from Amy to make a bucket list. I also can't wait to walk without sweating! Our bugs are not too bad here, but the heat is killer. Our worst month is usually August, so I am mentally preparing myself. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I need to do that. I am looking forward to a fall walk myself.

      Delete
  7. Ahhhh, we are seeing Teddy Swims in a few weeks, too! I cannot WAIT! I love him so much and I've been wanting to see him for a couple of years now! I hope y'all enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Key Lime Pie but none of my family do so it's very rare that I have it which is a sad shame.
    I am still enjoying the summer but could do without all of the bugs.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...