Wednesday, August 27, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ August 27, 2025

 Happy Hodgepodge Day!  Happy you are here!
1. When someone finds out what you do or where you're from, what's a question they always ask? 

If someone hears I am from Memphis, they may ask if I have been to Graceland.  Yes is the answer, since I use to work there while in college!
When someone hears what I do, they usually comment what a good mission that is and how hard the work can be mentally.


2. Did you participate in 'Greek Life' when you were in college, or have children who did? If so what was your experience like? Taking another tack...have you ever been to Greece? If not, is that a destination on your bucket list? 

I was a Kappa Delta in college.  It was a good experience for me while I was there and spent time on leadership of my sorority.  The college friends I keep in touch with are all sorority sisters.  
I have never been to Greece, but ironically while writing this blog post, I am watching a movie set in Greece!  Have you seen "Find Me Falling" on Netflix with Harry Connick Jr.?  It is a rom com and a cute movie.
All the pictures from Greece look amazing.  

3. Do you like Greek food? If so what's your favorite dish?  
 I had Greek food today for lunch.  I haven't ventured much into it, but I usually have a gyro, minus the pita.  I enjoy feta cheese on a salad. I like Tazikis restaurant chain and also Cava, although we don't have one here.

4. What incredibly common thing have you never done? 

I have never had my hair colored or tasted beer.

5. What is a telltale sign that you're upset? 

I eat unhealthy, I may go for a drive, I plan a trip, I get down on myself, I call a friend to vent....any or all of these things may happen!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I have recently purchased a few other brands of eyeliner and often used eye shadow as an eyeliner, but I finally went back to my trusted favorite eyeliner brand, Stila.  I recommend this as it comes in so many colors and is so user friendly to use.


Have a great day!



19 comments:

  1. I am trying to figure out a new eyeliner but I don't think I can use liquid. I am looking for a soft crayon that can sharpen itself, I think. I might do Thrive. I love Greek flavors and love to make it at home since I learned it's not that hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This eyeliner glides on so easy for me! You have made some Greek bowls that do look good.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers! I think the things you listed that you do when you're upset are healthy; going for a drive is such a great idea. I did that recently over the summer when I was upset one night... it was the night I ended up at my in-law's house. I'm so glad I did that, so that I could talk to them again. I'm praying for you this morning, friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A drive to change my surroundings can always help. Thank you friend!

      Delete
  3. That sharp point on the eyeliner looks like it could spell disaster for me and my eyes, lol. I prefer the end of my eyeliner to be pointed but not sharp. That's cool that you've never colored your hair- my sister has never colored her hair either! I think for natural brunettes, it's not uncommon to "stay" brunette. For those of us who started blond and then our hair started to darken, coloring it just brings us back to our roots- our original roots, not current ones!! I've never tasted beer either. That smell- tasting something that smells that bad is an easy no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the smell of beer was initially a turn off when I was young, so it has never been a temptation to me.

      Delete
  4. I wish I didn't need to color my hair : ) I've never been to Graceland (or Memphis) but I think you need to take Jenn. I need a new eyeliner so will check out the brand you mentioned. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet working at Graceland was interesting! Stopping by from the Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never tasting beer is surprising! I like Greek salad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't color my hair until my 50's and then in my 60's I let the natural gray come through. We've only driven through Memphis with no stops and have never been to Graceland. Enjoy your Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I am amazed at you not coloring your hair or drinking beer- sometimes I wish I could say the same- ha! Love that you plan a trip when you are upset- that would be bring me JOY- very smart strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to look for that movie! Greece really does look so amazing. Alec is hoping to go there with one of his bread baking classes in college as a study abroad two week trip and I keep asking him kind of jokingly/kind of not if they need chaperones. I'd happily volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved that Harry Connick movie - so cute! I have tried a few other eyeliners, and always end up back with my old fave Rimmel. That is so funny about dying hair and beer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I hear Memphis I always think of Elvis. How cool you worked in Graceland.
    It does sound like you had such a good experience at college.
    You are not missing anything by not tasting beer, I think it's awful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cool about working at Graceland! The Harry Connick Jr movie sounds good. I love seeing Greece in movies. It looks beautiful. I need to check out that eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Calling a friend to vent is one of the best things you can do! I loved reading your answers to these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never been to Graceland. It is cool that you worked there! I should check out that movie. We went to Greece in October and it is so beautiful. Taziki's began in Birmingham by Amy and Keith Richards. Zoe's also started in Birmingham in this tiny location. Then it expanded into other locations around here and then into other states. Then someone bought it from the original person named Zoe, but kept the name and most of the menu. Long story to say that Cava bought out Zoe's!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved reading your answers this week! How fun that you actually worked at Graceland in college…that’s such a unique experience. My Grandparents live in TN (about 2 hours from Memphis) and so we have been to Graceland many times (though it’s been many years). What did you do there?

    And I had to smile at your “never done” answers. Your hair always looks so healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...