Tuesday, September 30, 2025

Talking About it Tuesdays ~ September 30, 2025

 Hi there! Today, Jenn and I are talking about some more talking points from the book, Burn After Writing.  It has been fun for our Tuesday prompts!

If I could have a conversation today with one person from history, it would be:
I am choosing a group of people, my grandparents.
One of my grandfathers died when I was 1 year old.  The other died when I was a sophomore in college.  He was my hero and still one the best men I have ever known. I would give just about anything for a hug from my Pop.

My life quote:
I often say to quote the airlines, "Put on your own oxygen mask first."  I think there is some wisdom here to take care of yourself so you can help take care of those around you.

The one relationship you would like to fix is:
Whoa, this one would be my former spouse.  If this was asked a few years ago, I would have said the same answer, but would have hoped from a different outcome than I think about now.  

My autobiography would be called:
It's Not Your Fault

Things that make me happy/favorite "little things" in life:
(In no particular order)

Playing cards with my daughters
My greats
A good night's sleep
A good meal
Frozen yogurt with a friend
Kayaking
Seeing fall colors
Good music, bonus if it is live
Laughter with a friend
Traveling
Sunsets
Hugs
Paycheck

Things that make me laugh:
Friends, especially laughter with Jenn!
My daughters are both so funny in their unique ways.
My cute little greats :)
All the reels my friends send each day!

If I could give one thing to one person it would be:
Going with the first thing that comes to mind, is I would take my dad on a trip to New York City. My dad has been to NYC many times.  I have been to NYC many times.  We have been at least 4 or 5 times probably together.  He is such a caregiver to my mom and he has taken such good care of me these past few years.  I would love to treat him finally to a trip and take him to all the broadway plays, which is his favorite thing to do in the city.

I secretly envy:
This is suppose to be a secret, but I would say skinny people.  I mean, not really true envy, but I do often wish I had a different build/metabolism & have always wished to be thinner.

If I could be anywhere in the world right now:
On a cruise or a road trip with someone I love...side note, next year I am doing this.  My girls and I are going on a cruise! These pictures are from our last cruise in 2022.

My greatest fear:

Another person being around my kids and grandkids & I will leave it at that for now. There is lots of context that I won't explain here on the blog.  

If I could be a fly on the wall:
I thought about this for a hot second thinking where I would want to be to see what people were thinking or saying about me.  But then, I thought, I don't really want that and remembered the wise words of Mel Robbins, author of the Let Them theory:

This seems like a good place to end the blog.  Let them and let me.
Have a good day!











9 comments:

  1. Great pictures! That is funny about the secret envy- yes, once you write it on a public space, it's no longer a secret!! It's so exciting that you're going on a cruise with your girls. You are inspiring me to do the same with mine... Fun prompts and answers. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I currently have the Let Them book from the library and I need to read more of it. This "burn book" has some really good questions to ponder.
    Loved reading your real and raw answers (to some). Would a sibling be able to care for your mom so you could take your dad to NYC for a long weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were all great! I skipped a few of the questions since I wrote my post early this morning, but we had the same answer for the one about envy. All our laughter is my favorite! I love you, Soulmate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am enjoying reading these prompts as well. I might have to steal some one day when I'm stumped for hodgepodge questions. My dad died when I was in my early 30's so I would definitely love to have another dinner with him. There's so much I wish I had asked him. Yay for a cruise on the calendar! I love having a trip to look forward to. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so good. I agree about the grandparents. I knew most of mine, but feel like I'd appreciate them more now than I did as a kid/teen. That would be so fun to go to NYC with your dad. I completely empathize with the sentiment of not wanting someone else around kids/grandkids. I would feel the same way. I'm so excited about your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww! That is so sweet to read about your Pop, I feel the same about my grandfather too, Just one more hug!
    Your happy things did make me smile.
    How exciting to be going on a cruise with your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally get what you mean about not wanting someone else around your kids or grandkids. That would be tough for sure. I've had the Let Them Theory book on my night stand for months but I haven't gotten to it yet, but it seems like it's going to be really great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet about your Grandparents, I would love that as well. I hope that you and your dad get to make that NYC trip happen soon. What cruise are you going on next year? We would love to do an Alaskan cruise. Sending you so many hugs and keeping you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm right there with you in always wishing I had been skinnier/had a better metabolism. I hope you and your girls have the best time on the cruise! What fun plans to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...