Friday, January 2, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ January 2, 2026

 Happy New Year and 1st post for 2026! 


Last Sunday night, we went to dinner and bowling with our "framily".  It was a fun thing to do and I probably had not been bowling in about 15 years! I was also a little excited because I qualified for the senior discount :). 
Monday, I bought myself flowers. 
My brother and his family were in town so I spent the afternoon with my sister and siter-in-law.  We went to a few stores and then we all gathered at my parents house for dinner. It was so cold!
I had my last night at home with my daughters. I love hearing their laughter and even bickering from time to time. I have a picture of the 3 of us, but didn't get permission to post, so I am keeping this picture private for now.

I purchased this dish towel this week.  I wanted a nice one to hang that I use more as "decor" to replace my holiday dish towels.

I finally de-Christmased my house, but kept my tree up longer than usual.  Actually, the decorations are off, but I will disassemble my tree today.  I moved in the house mid-November, so I haven't lived here without Christmas decorations!

I had a fun New Year's Eve, which looked much different from last year. Both parties I attended were fun and I saw friends at both places which helped going in alone.  

New Year's Day, Brook and I took my great nephew out for his birthday lunch and shopping.  We went to Waffle House and Wal-Mart.  What a way to start the New Year, ha!  

I went to dinner with Jenn at her mom's house and had a delicious meal.  Jenn came back to my house and we caught up on our NYE nights.  After she left, I finished watching one of my favorite movies, The Holiday.  It is a good NYE movie for me to watch.

Today, I am back to work, but thankfully from home.  Next week I return to the office.  
Hope you all enjoy your Friday and weekend, although doesn't every day kind of feel like that this week?













14 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week with your people! Wishing you a smooth re-entry into work and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am trying to ease my brain back into work mode!

      Delete
  2. I love your birthday tradition with your great's. They will have so many special memories of you. My kids have both left as of 6am this morning, so today we will take the tree down. It sounds like you had a good NYE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know that is bittersweet to have the kids leave. Yes, I am so thankful for this birthday tradition with the kids. It has become one of my favorite things!

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely unsure of what day it is, but there's nothing we have to do so I'm rolling with it. I'm glad you had a fun NY Eve. I know your house will feel too quiet with the girls back to their own cities, but hopefully you have 'the next time' already on the calendar. My decorations are all still up and I'm leaving them for now. I love the tree lights this week between Christmas and the new year. Happy 2026!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel like each day I remind myself out loud what day it is! Enjoy those lights for a little longer!

      Delete
  4. It will be fun to see your new place without Christmas decor! Love the fresh flowers! Sounds like a good week. I love hearing my kids laugh with each other. Jack has come over a lot this week and it's been so nice. Hope you have a good work from home day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. Laughter of our kids is the best. I am glad you had time with both boys. Let's talk soon!

      Delete
  5. I love Waffle House! How fun to spend time with a grand and Brook. Your NYE plans sound really nice. My main tree is still up as well though most of the house has been deChristmased. The flowers are lovely and how great to get to spend time with family who were in town. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good post Christmas week and I almost with I had one more week of "nothing".

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed both of the parties you attended for NYE! ;) I love the pic of you two with Boston. He's a doll! I love this tradition that you have with your greats. I would do the same thing if mine were in town! You are so right about all the days being all mixed up every which way. Next week it's back to the real world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bowling sounds like a lot of fun! I've not been bowling in years either! Those flowers are beautiful and is sounds like a lovely evening with your daughters! It sounds a great start to the new year!
    It really doesn't feel like it should be the weekend. I keep thinking it feels more like a Tuesday or Wednesday. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are beautiful! I love buying myself flowers.. they really are a fairly cheap way to brighten any week. That sounds like such a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...