Friday, April 24, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ April 24, 2026

 Happy Friday friends!  Here we are at another weekend and April has seemed to go by faster than any other month so far.  I am so happy for the spring months to be here! Now for a few favorites from the week to share....


I am embracing my new surroundings and loved walking to church on Sunday!  It is only about a 7 minute walk from my door to church.  

Another favorite was my first piece of mail was from Tanya!  What a sweet surprise.

Until I get some more things in place and share more photos, you will see glimpses of my new place on the blog.  Below is a single serve Keurig I purchased off Facebook Marketplace this week.  I was thankful to get this at less than half of the price of a new one.  I don't drink coffee, but this will be good to have for my daughters, guests or if I want to use it for tea or hot chocolate too. I love the pop of color!

I was back at work this week enjoying my favorite new drink, Diet Coke with lime, along with my lime chips and guacamole for a mid-day snack.

After work Tuesday, I went to a local high school's girls softball game. My friend/co-worker went with me. It was a beautiful night!

I actually did a little cooking this week in my new place!  I made scrambled eggs and bacon one morning and then I cooked dinner Wednesday night for my parents.  They came over to see the new place and it was an honor to cook for them.  I hadn't done this in so long. I am so thankful for them and wouldn't be where I am today without their love and support. Also, I am so thankful I decided to have an apartment on the first floor so my mom could come see me.  I hope she can come back another time, but it was all worth it just for this visit.
I made salmon, roasted potatoes and asparagus and had some bread. I also made some Sweet Loren chocolate chip cookies.  Have you tried this brand?  It is a packaged make and break cookie dough that is gluten free and dairy free & it still tastes so good!

Another favorite is that Jenn lives so close and I live within walking distance of her nail salon, so I love that she can stop by for a visit!  She actually took that picture of me and my parents.

A favorite thing I did at my new home is hooking up my tv and getting it all connected to internet with all of the streaming channels without losing my mind, ha!
I still have clothes to organize, pictures & curtains to hang, furniture to buy (I am looking at you Wayfair Days this weekend!), and boxes to organize in my garage.  I did get this picture hung in my bedroom though.  I bought this bench about a year ago off Facebook marketplace from a friend and I bought this painting of marketplace too recently for $5!

Now to leave you with a funny thing I saw online this week...

Have a great weekend!











11 comments:

  1. That meme is hilarious!
    Oh my gosh - you can walk to church? How European! I love that dress, by the way. I love your Facebook Marketplace finds - you are the queen. Love the one serving Keurig. How sweet that your parents were able to come for dinner. All the happiness in this post! Have fun with the rest of the unpacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new place, Marilyn. How wonderful to be living so close to church and your dear friend, Jenn. I hope you continue to settle in well, xx Ruth@playworkeatrepeat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great you can walk to church! I love the picture with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good funny and so true! I love being in a walkable town and it sounds like you do too. Dinner with your parents looked so nice. What a blessing! Your new place is really coming along. I love that little keurig. The color is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are settling in well to your new home. How wonderful to be so close to your church. The softball game sounds like fun and how lovely to cook for your parents. The food looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are settling into your new place quite nicely! I love that photo of you with your parents. That picture you hung is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you can walk to church! What a deal on the Keurig. I'm so happy your parents were able to come over for dinner. It's like the apartment is officially "home" now that they have visited. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for company and cooking dinner in your new home. Would you pm your address? Thanks! How wonderful to be able to walk to church and some other places too. Enjoy settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's right! (your last graphic) You made me chuckle. Visiting you today from Joyce's Hodgepodge questions for this week. Lime potato chips -- I love them so much and they are so bad for me (I need a low-salt diet) that I just cannot have them in the house. Enjoy then for me!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...