Good morning! I am linking up with Joyce with a lemon themed Hodgepodge!
2. July 23rd is national lemon day. Are you a fan of this flavor? What's a favorite dish or beverage you enjoy that calls for lemons?
I do like the flavor of lemon. I have recently been adding it to my water more. I also enjoy a lemon pie. I also think they look pretty as a decoration.
3. "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"...is this something you're pretty good at managing? Have you had to do this recently? If so tell us about it.
I think as I have lived through some sour moments in life, I have learned to manage this better. Oh, I feel like I do this in so many big and small ways. Some little ways are when I face traffic on my way to work, I try to achieve an errand, attempt a new recipe, etc. Some of the big ways are definitely in still learning and re-learning to live life as a single person without a significant other. Nights and weekends often feel like a lot of lemons, but somehow, I make it through to the other side. By somehow, it is through the grace of God, my family and my long distance best friend who calls to check on me.
4. Something you love that is lemon yellow in color?
In searching for pictures with the color yellow, these were my 2 favorites...My Colombian jersey and yellow tulips.
5. How would you describe your attention to detail?
I am a detailed oriented person overall. I like things organized and like knowing as much as a I can. I have learned to be flexible though when I don't know. I have been working on a detailed itinerary for my upcoming vacation. I have a seven page document printed & have spent a lot of time working on this recently.

Those yellow tulips are so pretty! Your detailed itinerary sounds a whole lot like my trip planning. Though I rarely type mine I do write them out by hand.
ReplyDeleteI am excited!
DeleteThe yellow tulips are gorgeous! I need to plant flowers along my fence line.
ReplyDeleteI am a detailed trip planner, too. I have learned to leave lots of margin and not over-plan because you always think you can do more than you can.
Exactly! I agree!
DeleteYour yellow pictures are so good- bright and cheery! You have been handed some lemons lately. I'm so sorry for this but following you in your journey, it's evident that God's faithfulness has not escaped you and you've relied on him and the wonderful people who love you who show up for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your vacation!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, I am so thankful. I'm excited about the trip!
DeleteI like the way you explained your feelings about your goals. I feel similar in the sense that not everything we dream about when we're young will happen in the time we have left. Are you making the trip on your own or are your girls going too? I'm excited to hear about it!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joyce! A little bit of both :)
DeleteOh those tulips- to die for and of course I love your Columbia jersey. You have me excited to follow along with your upcoming vacation- a 7 page itinerary sounds amazing- can't wait to see!
ReplyDeleteThanks Holly! I'm excited!
DeleteVery smart to search your photos for yellow!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dara.
DeleteThe numbers actually give me anxiety!
ReplyDeleteHa, ha! Time is moving so fast.
DeleteI'm glad you went to your friend's for the soccer watch party the other night!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun!
DeleteI hope you reach your goals and dreams.
ReplyDeleteI prefer lemons as decorations to eating lemon flavoured things.
It sounds like you are very organised when it comes to your vacation, I hope you have a wonderful time.
Oh gosh! Christmas doesn't seem that far away. Eek!
Thanks Kim!
DeleteThe yellow flowers are so pretty!
ReplyDeleteAren't they cheery?
DeleteI get so frustrated while driving too ~ my “lemonade” is simply to always leave early and tell myself to relax, drive safely, and enjoy the music on Spotify. Sometimes this works 😀
ReplyDeleteGood advice!
DeleteYou are the BEST travel planner with your attention to detail!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend!
DeleteThe lemon yellow tulips are beautiful
ReplyDeleteHappy mid week dear Friend! The older I get the more the color yellow just brings me joy 💛 I wish I were an even more organized person. I'm just such an artsy abstract thinker and the other doesn't come as easily. Love all the Fall and holiday thinking with your last little box 😉
ReplyDeleteThose yellow tulips are so pretty!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look so cute in your Colombian jersey! Those tulips are stunning!
ReplyDeleteI thought I had commented on this but I guess I didn't. I really love the yellow Colombian jersey and the yellow tulips. Yellow tulips bring me so much sunshine in the darkest of January days.
ReplyDeleteI REFUSE to acknowledge that graphic you posted at the end of this blog post! NOPE. It is still summer in my heart, and I want to it to stay forever! haha.
ReplyDelete