I am jumping back in with a little bit of Fashion Files today. I am sharing a few outfits I have worn lately and some from my trip.
We are in the midst of a 2 week heat wave and should resume to normal summer weather by the end of the week. In the meantime, I am wearing anything to stay cool! I wore this dress from Target Sunday to church.
Saturday, I ran errands in shorts I have had for several years and a sleeveless, navy shirt.
Now to go back in time the past few weeks, here a few outfit pictures from my trip. Being gone 2 weeks, I clearly repeated some of my outfits and thankfully, was able to do laundry on day 5 of my trip to refresh a few things. The outfit below is what I wore on travel day from Vancouver to Seattle.
This was my day as I was in Whistler driving back to Vancouver. I wore my Grizzlies shirt with fleece leggings. Hard to believe I was wearing fleece leggings 2 weeks ago!
This was the day I drove from Vancouver to Whistler. I am wearing my fleece shirt with leggings. Underneath, I am wearing a Merino wool t-shirt that is a great layering shirt. It is short sleeves and I think will be a good layering top for the fall.
I wore jeans and this shirt I bought at a boutique store last fall on a day of exploring Vancouver. I paired it with my rain jacket. It did rain later that afternoon and the jacket kept me warm and dry, along with a poncho I wore too.
Now a few ship pictures....
This was a day at sea and I texted it to my sister saying, never have I felt looking more homeless on a cruise ship! Alaska cruises are unlike any other I have taken in so many ways. One of those is how people dress. It is super casual. For this portion of the day, I was in a t-shirt and sweatpants.
This is a Loft plaid I shirt I bought one or two seasons ago with my leggings on our day exploring Ketchikan, Alaska.
While in Juneau, I wore a short sleeve black shirt with my black leggings and also layered on and off my Alaska sweatshirt.
You will see these clothes on repeat throughout the travel posts!
Stay cool out there!

You look so cute in all the photos. You really seem to be in your element when you're traveling :).Wearing fleece pants and long sleeves in August is something- I guess if you're far enough north, it makes sense :). The brown maxi dress is so pretty and you look great in it!
ReplyDeleteThat Target dress is so pretty! I have to admit the weather and having to wear warm weather clothes is the only thing about an Alaska trip that gives me pause... I really like a tropical cruise so I can wear all those fun summer clothes.
ReplyDeleteI love your brown church dress. The Canada and Alaska stuff is super cozy and appeals to me right now. I think our heat wave has broken, though. Yay!
ReplyDeleteAll cute outfits! I love your Sunday dress. That brown and cream combo is definitely a great palette for you!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter used to joke when she lived in the Seattle area that people either wore Seahawks gear or appeared homeless. She said you couldn't tell if someone was actually homeless or if they worked for Microsoft. They all dressed the same. People do live out of doors and enjoy the beautiful nature that's everywhere you look so I get the more dressed down style. You look cute : )
ReplyDeleteYou look cute and comfy!
ReplyDeleteYour Sunday dress is really pretty and how great you could do laundry on your trip. It does seem crazy that only a couple of weeks you were wearing layers.
ReplyDeleteOh, you are living my dream! I would love to take a cruise in Alaska as well as visit Vancouver. Love the idea of the wool tee for warmth. I’ve heard of doing that but haven’t ever seen anyone actually do it. Thanks for linking up with Fashion Files!
ReplyDeletehttps://marshainthemiddle.com/
That first dress is so pretty! I am hoping for a cruise to Alaska with the hubby next year for our 25th anniversary!
ReplyDeletewww.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com
I love that first dress so much! It's such a great piece to transition to fall since the colors are so earthy!
ReplyDelete