Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Hodgepodge ~ September 23, 2026

Good morning and happy Hodgepodge Day!  Thank you Joyce for hosting us each week! 


1. Fall arrives this week in the northern hemisphere. Does it look/feel like fall where you live?What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel its officially fall? 

After 7 weeks of record temperatures, cooler weather has finally arrived.  By cooler weather, I mean low 80's this week, but that sounds glorious. 
I would love to go to a football game, whether college or high school.

*If you're answering today from the southern hemisphere feel free to sub spring for the word fall. 

2. What's a small daily task or chore that always seems to fall through the cracks when your schedule gets busy?

If I am super tired at night, I will use eye make up remover and a make up wipe remover instead of my normal nightly routine.  I try to wash my face before I get too tired at night to avoid this.

3. What's something you're falling for lately? 

I am falling for Canada, Alaska, & anywhere in the Pacific Northwest!

Locally, I am falling for taking walks outside.  Let's just hope I don't actually fall as I am prone to do!

4.  Pumpkin is a popular flavor this time of year.  Are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?  

I began eating pumpkin flavored things about 6-7 years ago.  My favorite is a pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Here is a new recipe I am going to try:

Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin purée
2 large eggs
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract1 
¾ cups oat flour
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp salt
½ cup chocolate chips (plus extra for the top)
Instructions: 
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
 Whisk wet ingredients (pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, yogurt, oil, vanilla) until smooth, then mix in dry ingredients (oat flour, protein powder, baking soda, spice, salt) until just combined.
 Fold in chocolate chips, pour into the pan, top with extra chips, and bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before slicing

5.What's something you wish would never change? Explain. 

Oh my goodness.  I go back to happy times with my family when my daughters were younger.  I also wish I could have frozen time on my recent trip to Canada & Alaska.  

I also wish prices would never go up anymore!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I am so thankful for where I live, my summer trip, my daughters, my family and friends.  However, life is still comes at me strong with storms.  This was encouraging to me this week to keep working on rebuilding and rebuilding some more.






9 comments:

  1. You are definitely unbreakable but I hate that you had to go through so much to make that point evident. Agree about wanting certain family times frozen and not wanting prices to keep raising! I have really enjoyed reading about your trip and seeing pictures from it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving my walks outside.. tough I am very conscious of the fact that I'm hiking alone now and need to be much more careful not to get hurt. I can see how you are/were falling for the Pacific northwest/Alaska. All your photos have been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all of your answers; that recipe sounds delicious! I have a pumpkin spice cake that I like to make into cupcakes sometimes as a sweet treat. I love the mix of pumpkin and chocolate chips! That image at the end of this post is stunning. I agree wholeheartedly. I was so sad when I got home last night and then I couldn't sleep for a while. Life felt really sad at that moment, but today is a new day. Praise God for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your Skagway post...what a beautiful place! I will try to go back and read some of the earlier entries. I seem to fall more easily these days too. I'm super cautious which I hate, but feel is necessary. I like chocolate chip with pumpkin as it makes the pumpkin a little less strong. I definitely prefer it in baked goods as opposed to drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great graphic and quote. I love pumpkin! I have a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin for the easiest muffins/bread ever. I'm excited to enjoy it soon! I needed a cardigan here yesterday and it was glorious! Today it's drizzling and cool and I am so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would agree that I wish prices would stop rising!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to the cooler weather! It has cooled down a lot here too and I am so happy about it.
    I am so bad at not washing my make up off if I am tired. I need to make more of an effort.
    That recipe sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are thriving and I can understand how hard it is sometimes- you got this. Oh that bread sounds so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do want to visit the Pacific Northwest!
    Another blogger I follow is doing an October walking club and I'm going to join that- it's just a challenge to walk (or move) for 10 minutes each day!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 23, 2026

Good morning and happy Hodgepodge Day!  Thank you Joyce for hosting us each week!  1. Fall arrives this week in the northern hemisphere. Doe...