Monday, November 14, 2022

Weekend Wrap Up ~ November 14, 2022

 

Happy Monday!  The weather has turned cold and I am here for it! I switched out to my flannel sheets and love the cozy feel of them.  I am linking up today recapping my birthday weekend.

My birthday Friday started with my husband making me an omelette served with a banana. 
I watched a Hallmark movie while getting ready that morning because with 3-5movies a week, it is easy to fall behind! 
It was 11:11 on 11/11....make a wish!
We headed out for lunch and listened to some Huey Lewis.
We ate at a local Mediterrean restaurant outside on the patio.
They have the best pita chips and hummus!
We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping and I used a lot of my birthday discounts.  I am on a list of so many stores and restaurants that give discounts.  Some of my favorites are Starbucks (free drink good only on your birthday), Madewell, Loft, Altar'd State, Sephora, Ulta, and Target.  There are also free meals from Moe's, Salsaritas and free desserts from McAlisters, Chick-fil-A and a few other local places.
I got this salted caramel cheesecake free from a local restaurant for my birthday dessert.  I also picked up a free bundlet from Nothing Bundt Cakes and gave that to my husband.
This was my birthday loot after a day of shopping! After all my travel this fall, I was in need of new luggage.  My other luggage was literally falling apart.  I found this Calpac set at TJMaxx.
I lit my birthday candle that night and watched the movie "Redeeming Love".  It is a tough story to watch, but such a beautiful story of love and forgiveness.

Saturday was spent at home organizing and pulling out Christmas decorations.  It was so good to have a Saturday at home...until we went out Saturday night. We met my parents for dinner and then afterwards, my husband and I headed downtown to see comedian Nate Bargatze. Y'all, if he comes to a city near you, go.  He has two Netflix specials and is so funny.  We saw him a year and a half ago and he was just as funny this time.

We went back to church Sunday after being out for about a month now with traveling. We took advantage of another birthday discount and had a free lunch at Moe's.  I watched a Hallmark movie and did a little more cleaning and organizing.  It is never ending!

Enjoy your Monday friends!









7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really nice weekend! Your shopping trip looks really successful! I love the list of birthday freebies. I will have to check those out when my birthday rolls around. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly successful shopping day out! I don't think I am on the list for any birthday freebies (though I do get a coupon from Vera Bradley each year for a pretty sizable discount which falls right in their summer clearance sale time!). I'm goin to have to keep me eye out for that comedian; my husband and I love checking out comedy shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love live comedy! I think he was/is coming here? I will look into that! You scored big time! I wish I had been as good about signing up for the freebies. Those pita chips look amazing! I love mediterranean so much! I want another bday! He! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJ Maxx has the best luggage sets! Sounds like a fabulous birthday - I need to sign up for all those discounts/freebies! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing birthday weekend! That cheesecake? Oh my delish! Love that luggage you got too- love white!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a great day! We too got back to church after almost a month of not being able to go and watched more than a few Hallmark movies! As my daughter said on Sunday, "Twinsies!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that sounds like a full birthday....and with so many of your favorite things! Sounds wonderful. Here's to a year ahead full of days just as nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Friday Favorites ~ October 23, 2026

 Good Friday morning!  I think I am glad it is the weekend.  At least a little less work this weekend to do, right? Monday after a few hours...