Thursday, November 17, 2022

Monthly Musings ~ November

 Good morning.  Today I am linking up with Holly and Patty for Monthly Musings this month about Holiday Prep.

1.  Favorite holiday traditions?
When my girls were little, we always would go to the nice hotel in town to see the decorations and take a picture in front of the tree.  
We also like to take a night to look at Christmas decorations. 
We have a time of just the 4 of us where we exchange gifts between us.  
We attend the Christmas Eve service at church. 
Christmas Day night, we watch the movie "The Nativity Story".

2.  What holidays do you celebrate?
We celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas, but Thanksgiving usually has Christmas decorations in the background :)

3. How early do you shop?  
I try to start with little things as I see them in the fall.  Most of my shopping is probably done on Black Friday and Cyber Monday

4. When do you decorate?
I begin decorating the weekend after my birthday, which was last weekend.  However, I don't decorate the tree until Thanksgiving morning and don't turn on any outside lights until the day after Thanksgiving.  

5. Do you host any holiday festivities?
I am not hosting any this year that I know of yet.

6. Favorite holiday meals or recipes to share?
I made this recipe for a gathering Tuesday night:

Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers

1 block cream cheese, softened
¼ c. mayo
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
½ Tablespoon garlic powder
½ Tablespoon onion pepper
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 4oz. Jar of pimentos, drained
½ Package of bacon bits
 1/4 c. brown sugar
6 jalapenos, sliced in half lengthwise and the ribs and seeds scooped out (for less heat)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.  First, make your pimento cheese.  In a mixing bowl, stir together your cream cheese, mayonnaise, grated cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and pimentos.  Once combined, cover and stick in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
**Note:  You can also buy premade pimento cheese!**
Scoop your pimento cheese mixture inside the jalapeno cavity.  Mix the bacon bits and brown sugar together and then sprinkle on top of the cheese mixture.  
Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.  Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.

For a sweet dessert, I just like to add Christmas red and green M & M's to cookies and brownies.  I also like this one from Mix and Match Mama:

For a drink, I made this last Christmas morning & it was very good:

7.  Best holiday organization tip?
Label bags/bins as unpacking and packing so you know what everything is.  I found this especially helpful with garland.

8.  Gift wrapping?  Love it or hate it?
I don't mind to gift wrap, but it is nothing ornate.  I may add a ribbon or specialty tag, but that is about it.

9. Holiday coffee drink?
I am not a coffee drinker, but I do love a hot chocolate.  I like hot tea too, but hot chocolate is more of my go-to hot drink in the winter.

10.  Are you a holiday baker?
I do enjoy baking....if I can just get motivated.  All the ingredients just are so expensive these days, but 'tis the season!



5 comments:

  1. Those stuffed peppers sound incredible. We have lots of similar traditions. I have put out the Christmas decor, but will wait til kids are home for the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more of a hot chocolate gal too!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...