Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day out with Clara

We had another day out last week with Clara.  Our main goal was to go to Mail Boxes Etc. & learn how to set up a mail box to receive packages here & how to send mail.  There is no national postal system in Colombia.  We have received letters here, but as of now cannot receive packages because of high import taxes. With Mail Boxes Etc., we will pay monthly for a mail box here.  Then anything that is ordered off the internet or packages sent to us we can receive. As long as the value is not over $200, we only have to pay 10% of the declared price when the package arrives.  We will try to officially set this up in September.

On the way to the store, we passed by a park & stopped for some pictures.





I took no pictures at Mail Boxes Etc., but I did of this beautiful restaurant where we ate lunch.  It is called Jacques & is a French restaurant in Bogota.


It was beautiful inside.  More people did fill up these tables after I took this photo!

There is a display case of breads, quiches, sandwiches, & desserts.

Upstairs seating that looks very presidential to me


Family photo

And only someone whose father is an anatomy professor would take this picture!  We saw this skeleton in a store at the mall.  Sounds strange, but this was a store selling health products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...