Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Jumping Around (& a little food)

Part of Isabella's assignment of tennis classes is to practice each day with a jump rope.  Last week, I heard some noise outside, looked out the window & this is what I saw:




This is my favorite one!  


Just thought I'd go ahead & combine this food entry on today's blog since I'm on stay-cation & won't be blogging tomorrow.  We are having a great time & will blog later this week about our get-a-way.  Also, if you are interested in any of these recipes, follow me on Pinterest.

One of the foods Avery misses here in Colombia is sausage.  The sausage is very different here & they certainly don't have anything close to breakfast sausage.  Believe me, I've tried some packages that looked like sausage, but it was not.  I was glad to find a breakfast casserole recipe that simply called for bacon instead of sausage.  Of course, my picky girls don't eat this, but Avery & I enjoyed our breakfast this day I made this!

I've also been on a hunt for the best muffin recipe.  I've tried 3 or 4 recipes in the last 2 weeks.  I think this one could be my favorite.  My muffin tray only makes 6 muffins.  My oven here is very small, not a typical size oven, so only small pans will fit in it.

The streusel topping was probably the best part :)

And last but not least, I made a homemade key lime pie.  Pre-made crusts are not sold here, so I do make my own pie crust.  I saw some key lime juice at a specialty fruit store & it was my inspiration.  Avery said this may be my best key lime pie yet, including the ones I had made in the states  (and it is the first one I have made here).  I personally think it was delicious & am just thankful I can find condensed milk here, even if it does come in a bag.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...