As I sat to write this post, I found this on the computer...
My oldest daughter, Isabella is AMAZING!! and p.s. she did not write this...at all:) have a great day! Proverbs 30:31
True. I am blessed with amazing daughters! And my husband isn't so bad. I was about to go crazy last night (nights are often hard here), so he said let's walk to the mall to get a drink. I got my favorite fruit drink, strawberry juice in water. When we came back to the apartment, we spent an hour in the lobby talking with 2 guards. In the elevator, we said that conversation would have lasted 7 minutes in English, but everything takes a lot longer here. It was good to build those relationships with our guards.
On to the book review....
I will share some more highlights from The Power of a Woman's Words.
First, the power of a woman's words to her friends spoke a lot about the Naomi & Ruth story from the bible. We need friendships for mutual support, accountability, & friendship. It spoke of being a Ruth & caring for a broken spirited friend. I've needed a "Ruth" this year & I want to be a "Ruth" to friends. The chapter spoke of us sharpening our friends, but we have to have a relationship where we love them first & it also spoke of looking inward where we need correction.
Next, the power of a woman's words to fellow believers spoke of being in the body of Christ & "we are dependent on each other to function well, to love, well, & to struggle well." It made reference to the many one another verses in the bible.
Last, the power of a woman's words to the world spoke of how we live our day-to-day lives as a representative of Christ. Here is a quote from the book: " Most people are not drawn to Jesus because of an advertising campaign, a sign along the road, or a steeple along the skyline. Most people are drawn to Christ through cords of kindness formed in relationships with other people."
I will finish up this book on the next book review & have a few others to write about too. This has been a good book, but I'm generally a slow reader, especially when I have several books on my nightstand!
Today, I have lunch with a teammate & tomorrow, we have a big Spanish exam. Pray for us to remember what we've learned!
Marilyn is pretty amazing too:))
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Celebrity Edge
Hi. This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska. This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...
-
How fun to complete the year with a day of Hodgepodge! 1. Did you make resolutions or set goals for the year we're waving goodbye? How...
-
Happy Christmas week friends!! I missed a recap from last week, so my weekend recap includes the end of last week. I will take a break the r...
-
Hi friends! This may be my weekly blogpost for this week. I will try to do a little recap below and a longer one in another post. 1. Let...
No comments:
Post a Comment