Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Wrap-Up, Week 12

Good Monday morning to you!

Friday for lunch, we went out to eat with our language professors, including Clara (our teacher) & Marta (the girls teacher).  Marta had a birthday earlier in March (that we missed), so we wanted to celebrate with a belated lunch.


Friday night, we rented Night at the Museum, the newest movie in that series, from Amazon (this is how we rent movies here).  The girls & I had seen this movie here back in January, but Avery hadn't seen it & the girls wanted to see it again.  It really is a cute movie, so we had popcorn & movie night.

Saturday morning, I attended my book study with 3 other ladies then met Avery & the girls on the bridge to take the bus to a mall about 100 blocks south.  We were headed to the movies again!  We went to see Cinderella, which was well done.  Buying movie tickets, popcorn, drinks, & candy for under $20 makes the 1 hour transport, including the bus ride & 1 mile walk round trip,  worthwhile. Since it does take some time out of your day to see a movie, it always includes a meal too, so we had lunch at the mall. Here is my recent post about going to the movies here.

After being gone all day, Saturday night was a time of relaxing & I did some reading this weekend too.

Sunday was church & lunch at home.  We sure miss Edwin at church!

Lunch was chicken salad, fruits, crackers, cheese, & vegetables

Brook's friend, Brianna, who I've mentioned before on the blog, came to spend the night with her. We ordered pizza & made brownies.  Because we had eaten so much, we walked down the stairs & back up the stairs.  As a reminder, we live on the 16th floor!! I honestly need to do this every day for some exercise.  This time I went prepared with a water bottle, wore a t-shirt, & a ponytail to stay cool.  I was out of breath afterwards, but I survived!

Today is a holiday in Colombia.  Again, they have close to 27 holidays here, so I totally have lost track of what each holiday is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...