Friday, December 11, 2015

Friday Favorites

Oh Friday favorites.  Here are some highlights of the week:

This is a photo of Corferias.  This is an expo center in Bogota which hosts a huge Christmas craft fair every December.  One building is artisans from Colombia selling their work, which is my favorite.  There is also an international building with artisans from other countries, like Equador, Mexico, Peru, etc. I bought a few gifts here and a handmade basket (made in Colombia) for me to put my imported American magazines. 


We had a new Colombian guest over for dinner this week.  We met him at church Sunday and he came to our apartment Tuesday night.  We ate together, listened to his stories, and talked about his questions about the bible.  We were thankful to have a night with a new friend here.

I made a new cookie recipe "Oatmeal Cinnamon Cookies".  They are made with cinnamon chips and a friend had just recently brought me a bag of them (because they dont' sell them here).

I admit, I do like the holiday schedule here in Colombia & that is one of the best things about having your kids in school here.  They have so many & most Colombians couldn't even name them all.  I honestly think we enjoyed the holiday this week better than the Thanksgiving holiday.



If you can see the string between the two trees in the park, that is Avery with Brook on a zip line.  They did that for a little while on the holiday.


So this is not a favorite thing, but more of a strange thing.  I was walking the other day and saw this "Puky Van".  It is actually a mobile van for washing your dogs, but with a funny name!

We are so happy to see the weekend come!  Next week, only 2 full days of school, 3 half days, then this family is boarding a plane for the USA!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...