Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday ~ January 2016

After a weekend out of town (which I will blog about at a later time) & a busy day of bible study and catching up around here, I am back to blog with What's Up Wednesday!  Hard to believe it is already the last Wednesday of the month!


What we're eating this week...........

This week Avery is out of town at the Colombian Presbytery General Assembly, which means it is just the girls and I.  We snacked our way through dinner Monday night, but Tuesday, I made an easy chicken taco recipe.  I have two easy crock pot chicken taco recipes, but the one I used tonight calls for frozen chicken breasts, 1 package of taco seasoning (I make my own), and a jar of salsa.  Just add all ingredients to the slow cooker, cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.  Then serve on tortillas with toppings of your choice!

What I'm reminiscing about.............

Since the holidays, I've thought a lot about when the girls were younger.  Brook told me this weekend she had a very happy childhood (you know she is 11 now :)). That made my day.  Miss these little cuties!

What I'm loving...........

I have spent my time since returning to Bogota organizing our apartment.  I am loving knowing where things are around here!

What we've been up to..........

Well, the girls are back in school, so that means one thing.  You guessed it....homework. We've also been spending time planning for Isabella's big quince party next week.

What I'm dreading......

4 more months of school

What I'm working on.............

I am working on party planning for Isabella's party.  Today I hope to organize party stuff so I can make sure the little things are done.

What I'm excited about.........

I finally upgraded my Colombian cell phone!

What I'm watching/reading............

I've started reading my new book I received for Christmas:


What I'm listening to.............

I have just downloaded some 70's music to a new app called Deezer

What I'm wearing.............

After looking at these online for 2 years, I finally bought these books while in Memphis.  They can be tall boots or booties.  They look cute and it feels like your are wearing slippers!  They are made by UGG, so they are also good quality. 

What I'm doing this weekend..........

I will be doing party preparations and Avery comes home Saturday.

What I'm looking forward to next month..........

Isabella's party

What else is new............

My bible study resumed yesterday and it seems like we will have a stronger semester together as a group and a better study.  I am meeting with Fill Your Cup leadership Thursday for planning for this semester. Pray for that opportunity to minister to young moms.

And the bonus question for this month is.....

What is your favorite Valentine treat?

This is an easy one for me.  I cannot get enough of Strawberry Pretzel Salad.  

Look up this recipe on pinterest, all recipes.com, google, or wherever you can.  Make it next month. It is delicious.

Happy Wednesday y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...